A Microsoft disponibilizou recentemente 2 ferramentas de desenvolvimento para Outlook, no modelo open source, que visam ajudar os programadores a tirar partido do formato .PST, que tem vindo a ser gradualmente aberto pela Microsoft.
- The PST Data Structure View Tool (http://pstviewtool.codeplex.com/) is a graphical tool allowing the developers to browse the internal data structures of a PST file. The primary goal of this tool is to assist people who are learning .pst format and help them to better understand the documentation.
- The PST File Format SDK (http://pstsdk.codeplex.com/) is a cross platform C++ library for reading .pst files that can be incorporated into solutions that run on top of the .pst file format. The capability to write data to .pst files is part of the roadmap will be added to the SDK.
- Microsoft Delivers on Interoperability Principles With Office Outlook
- Two open source projects to facilitate interoperability with Outlook .pst data files
- Announcing the PST File Format SDK
- Microsoft Offers Dev Tools for Outlook
- Microsoft does right by freeing Outlook archives
- [MS-PST]: Outlook Personal Folders File Format (.pst) Structure Specification