- Microsoft rolls out 50GB mailboxes for Exchange Online, Office 365
- Trauma for Exchange 2013 servers when Managed Availability goes bad
- Modify GAL synchronization to prevent Outlook 2010 contact issues
- Hybrid Exchange configuration and deployment checklist
- Exchange Online mailbox sizes are doubling
- How to.. Export Recoverable Deleted Items and Purges folders to a PST
- Exchange Server 2013 Room Mailbox Calendar Processing Settings for Delegate Approval
- Improvements to hit highlighting for OWA search
- Now Available: Updated Release of MS13-061 Security Update for Exchange Server 2013
- Hybrid Mailbox moves and EMC changes
- Exchange Online Protection Service Description Updated
- Configuring an Exchange 2013 Hybrid Deployment and Migrating to Office 365 (Exchange Online) (Part 8)
- IIS Application Request Routing (Part 2)
- Visual difference between Appointments and Meetings in the Calendar
- Outlook.com stops syncing with Outlook 2013
- Changing the font in Outlook's Notes field
- How to Share Free/Busy Information Without Using Federated Delegation
- Controlling Outlook Web App for Devices
30 de agosto de 2013
26 de agosto de 2013
Os mais recentes Update Rollups (UR) para Exchange Server 2007 e Exchange Server 2010 foram recentemente disponibilizados para download pela Microsoft. Uma vez que estava de férias e tenho andado a limpar o meu backlog, aqui ficam os respectivos links:
- Update Rollup 2 For Exchange 2010 SP3
Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU1 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2010 SP3 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2866475.
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2010 Release To Manufacturing (RTM), Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2010 RTM , Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2), refer to the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
- Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2874216.
- Update Rollup 11 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3
Update Rollup 11 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2007 SP3 RU10 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2007 SP3 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2873746.
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 Release To Manufacturing (RTM), Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2007 RTM , Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2), refer to the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
A Microsoft disponibilizou recentemente para download os Exchange Server 2013 CU2 UM Language Packs.
These downloads contain pre-recorded prompts, grammar files, text to speech data, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) files, and Voice Mail Preview capabilities for a specific language that is supported by Exchange 2013 CU2 Unified Messaging (UM). Warning: This UM language pack must only be installed as an add-in to Exchange Server 2013 CU2 Unified Messaging.
Unified Messaging (UM) language packs allow an Exchange Server 2013 CU2 UM server to speak additional languages to callers and recognize other languages when callers use ASR or when voice messages are transcribed. UM language packs contain:
- Pre-recorded prompts, for example "After the tone, please record your message. When you’ve finished recording, hang up, or press the # key for more options." in the language of the UM language pack.
- Grammar files that are used by a UM server to lookup the names of given users in the directory in the language of the UM language pack.
- Text to Speech (TTS) translation so that content (e-mail, calendar, contact information, etc.) can be read to callers in the language of the UM language pack.
- Support for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), which allows callers to interact with UM using the voice user interface (VUI) in the language of the UM language pack.
- Support for Voice Mail Preview which allows users to read the transcript of voice mail messages in a specific language from within a supported e-mail client such as Outlook or Outlook Web Access.
Está disponível uma nova actualização para o filtro Junk E-mail do Outlook 2003/2007/2013.
"Esta atualização fornece ao Filtro de Correio Eletrónico Publicitário Não Solicitado do Microsoft Office Outlook uma definição mais atual das mensagens de correio eletrónico que deverão ser consideradas correio eletrónico publicitário não solicitado."
O download está disponível para as versões Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 e Outlook 2013 (32-bit, 64-bit) ou através do Microsoft Update. Como é habitual, está acompanhado pelo respectivo artigo da Knowledge Base:
25 de agosto de 2013
- Use hypervisor features for the best Exchange virtualization platform
- Hybrid Exchange configuration and deployment checklist
- Send As a Delegate or a Distribution Group by default
- Skype is now available for all Outlook.com customers in North America
- A better way to manage aliases and primary email address for your Microsoft account
- Ignite Webcast - Exchange Online Protection Special Topics
- Tip o' the Week #184 - ActiveSync account limits
- Tip o' the Week #185 - Outlook, offline!
- Mailbox ‘xyz’ has a completed move request associated with it
- How to enable permissions for in-place eDiscovery in Exchange 2013
- How to.. list Mailbox Databases from previous versions in Exchange Server 2013
- Test-ExchangeServerHealth.ps1 v1.04 Released
- Exchange 2013 Test-ServiceHealth Doesn’t Work for Client Access Servers
- Recovering public folder information in Exchange 2013
- Public Folder EWS How-To rollup Part 1
- Office 365: Outlook Web App & Internet Explorer 8
- How to Configure Exchange 2010 Self Certificate Part#1
- How to Configure Exchange 2010 Self Certificate Part 2
- How to Configure Exchange 2010 Self Certificate Part 3
- Transitioning to Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) (Part 6)
- Planning and migrating a small organization from Exchange 2007 to 2013 (Part 6)
- Add distribution list members as individual contacts
- Square block indents in front of appointment blocks
- Exchange Search Indexing Issues and Proxies or Firewalls
- Fixing Sign-On Name for Renamed Users in Office 365
- Exchange Server Admins Unite—in Vegas!
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 09:36
21 de agosto de 2013
A edição de Agosto 2013 da TechNet Magazine já está disponível para leitura online.
Artigos em Destaque:
- SQL Server: Dig deep for performance issues
By Glenn Berry , Louis Davidson , and Tim Ford
There are several tactics for determining what’s causing the most wait times in SQL Server, so you can direct your performance tuning.
- Software Leadership: What poker taught me about work
By Ryan Haveson
There are many lessons and many levels to something like the game of poker, most of which you can directly apply to your IT job.
- SharePoint 2010: Monitoring SharePoint
By Steve Wright, and Corey Erkes
Don’t neglect your efforts to monitor SharePoint event and data logging. It can have a significant impact on performance.
- Cloud Computing: Cloud acceleration
By Dan Sullivan
There are many benefits to cloud acceleration, including better application response time, greater efficiency and improved user satisfaction.
- Windows 8: The print system reimagined
By Adrian Lannin
Windows 8 and Windows RT rely on an entirely new printer driver architecture.
- SQL Server: Always have a backup plan
By Saleem Hakani
Don’t confuse backup and restore with high availability. In the event of an outage, backup and restore will get back your data, but only after some downtime.
- Security: Security in a wireless world
By John Vacca
Just because most of your users are wireless doesn’t mean they need to operate unsecured.
- IT Management: How do your leadership skills measure up?
By Barbara Trautlein
A noted business consultant identifies the benefits and pitfalls of three popular leadership styles.
- Windows Confidential: Hiding in plain sight
By Raymond Chen
Certain policies do precisely what they say they’ll do, no more and no less. Setting up a policy and hoping it does something else sets you up for failure.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 18:54
A Microsoft acaba de disponibilizar o documento técnico Multi-Tenant Scalability Guidance for Exchange Server 2013.
This document provides scalability and deployment guidance for multi-tenant deployment based on Microsoft Exchange Server 2013.
This document contains high-level guidance for properly scaling and deploying a multi-tenant Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 solution. It includes details of testing performed in Microsoft labs to validate the scalability of the product and suggests methods that can be used during the design and deployment process to mitigate potential risks associated with such solutions.
18 de agosto de 2013
- Exchange 2013 Security Update MS13-061 Status Update
- Update: Microsoft restores Outlook.com after three-day outage
- Does Exchange 2013 work as a mobile device management platform?
- Exchange and cloud application platforms - soon to be commonplace?
- The New Outlook Hover Card Explained - Grid User Post
- Exchange Update Releases Include Exchange 2013 Problem
- PowerShell Script to fix Exchange Server 2013 Security Update MS13-061
- How to… access EAC after installing the first Exchange Server 2013
- The Attribute, the Myth, the legacyExchangeDN
- Customizing Managed Availability
- Released: Update Rollups for Exchange 2007 & Exchange 2010 and Security Updates for Exchange 2013
- Exchange 2010 Create Mailbox Database Script
- Recovery DataBase Exchange 2010 PART-1
- Configuring an Exchange 2013 Hybrid Deployment and Migrating to Office 365 (Exchange Online) (Part 7)
- IIS Application Request Routing (Part 1)
- Office 365 and cloud based sharing and synching
- Shortcut to switch between all open Outlook windows
- Troubleshooting OWA for iPhone and iPad
- New MSExchange.org Tips: Storing Exchange Settings, and disabling SSL 2.0 in TMG
- Special version of the Exchange Environment Report for PowerShell v1.0 available
- Part 8: Datacenter Activation Coordination: Stop! In the Name of DAG…
- Part 9: Datacenter Activation Coordination: An error caused a change in the current set of domain controllers
- Trading time for quality to improve Exchange 2013 updates
- MS13-061 causes search controller headaches for Exchange 2013
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 18:49
10 de agosto de 2013
- How to decide if a hybrid Exchange Server deployment is the right move
- Cloud email migration: 10 tips for evaluating service providers
- Microsoft: Office 365 had average of 99.965 percent uptime in last four quarters
- Exchange 2013 diagnostic and performance log files
- Choosing the best hosted Exchange deployment for your organization
- Why admins should set up Outlook 2013 search folders
- Record gas mileage for Appointments, Meetings, Contacts and Tasks
- Webinar: Managing a family calendar with Outlook
- Updated: Exchange Server 2013 Deployment Assistant
- Ignite Webcast - Exchange Introduction
- How to.. Simplify Outlook Web App access using Exchange Server 2013
- Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2013 with Test Cmdlets
- Part 3: Reverse Proxy for Exchange Server 2013 using IIS ARR
- Exchange Server 2013 Deployment Assistant Updated!
- Database Availability Groups and Windows Azure
- Planning and migrating a small organization from Exchange 2007 to 2013 (Part 5)
- Transitioning to Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) (Part 5)
- Show Sender’s Company Name in the Message List
- Undeliverable error when sending on behalf of a hidden mailbox
- Sort messages by Sender domain
- Lookup a Contact's time zone
- Understand how Microsoft delivers Exchange in Office 365 Dedicated
- Exchange Unwashed digest for July 2013
- Migration more complex than a simple methodology might indicate
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 22:14
2 de agosto de 2013
- Where Did Email Come From?
- What's happening with Google contact and calendar syncing on Windows Phone 8
- Using the new DirSync version to sync passwords in Office 365
- One year since the preview of Outlook.com – thank you for helping us build the world’s fastest growing email
- Ignite Webcast - How to use eDiscovery in Office 365
- How to … avoid Outlook Certificate issues when adding a new Exchange Server 2013 into your Exchange Organization
- Finding Differences in Exchange objects (#DoExTip)
- One liners: Get the Top 5 Errors From An Event Log
- A reminder on real life performance impact of Windows SNP features
- Part 2: Reverse Proxy for Exchange Server 2013 using IIS ARR
- Sending a VoiceMail using EWS and Powershell
- Office 365: Local Mailbox Moves - I didn't start any damn mailbox moves!
- Announcing Windows Azure Active Directory (AAD) Connector RC for public availability on Connect
- Cmdlet Extension Agents (Part 3)
- Continuous Backup for Exchange Server 2013 with DPM 2012 (Part 4)
- Export multiple Contacts as vCards
- Don’t send attachments to CC and BCC recipients
- File-level Defragmentation of Exchange 2013 Volumes
- The sad, curious, and brain-dead demise of TechNet subscriptions
- Exchange 2013 RTM CU2 (improved version) and the new Office 365 FastTrack methodology
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 20:29