- Five Microsoft Exchange Server backup worst practices
- Third-party Exchange Server 2007 backup and restore tools
- Understanding Exchange Server 2007 backup and disaster recovery
- Re-enable Exchange Server 2007 remote streaming backups in SP1
- Portable version of the Exchange 2007 ExBPA tool
- Configuring Exchange 2007 Autodiscover Site Affinity
- Recent Questions Regarding Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft AV Scan Engine Updating Issue
- Microsoft Office Labs adds new “do not disturb” feature to email
- How to get HideFromAddressBook to work on Exchange 2007
- Excessive paging on Exchange 2007 servers when working sets are trimmed
- Managing Unified Messaging Auto Attendant (Part 4)
- 12 Tips to Optimize an Exchange 2007 Infrastructure (Part 1)
- GroupWise to Exchange 2007 - Interoperability and Migration (Part 8)
- WINS and Exchange 2007
- Red Herrings with the Exchange 2007 BPA and Windows 2008 in a CCR Cluster…
- Quick Tip - Why can the EXBPA fail when analysing Windows 2008 based Exchange 2007 Servers?
- Two Exchange Server Tools You Should Know About
- The CFL and Other RSS Features in Outlook 2007
- Troubleshooting Exchange 2007 VSS Backups
31 de Agosto de 2008
22 de Agosto de 2008
- How to Configure the SCL in Exchange
- Virtualizing Exchange Server with Microsoft Hyper-V
- Fast Guide: Setting up email disclaimers in Exchange
- One third of current spam points to malware sites
- Secure SMTP between Edge Transport and Hub Transport
- How Anonymous Relay works in Exchange 2007
- 440 Login Timeout when using OWA 2007
- Exchange 2007: Offline Address Book
- How To Share Large Files Without Attaching Them
- Update - Changing the display name of active directory users
- Exchange search folders and performance ramifications
- Exchange 2007 & Display Name Format
- How To: Move System Attendant Mailbox - Exchange 2003
- Exchange System Manager and Outlook on the same computer?
- Quarantine Mailbox: Displaying original SCL, sender and recipients
- Creating a Digest of the Quarantine Mailbox Messages on Exchange 2007 using the Logs or Using Exchange Web Service from Powershell.
- Windows 2008 read only domain controllers and Exchange
- PLACING CAS (CLIENT ACCESS SERVERS) IN DMZ Good Idea?
- OWA 2007 HTTP to HTTPS Re-DIRECT IIS 7.0 PART-I
- Managing Unified Messaging Auto Attendant (Part 3)
- Testing Exchange 2007 With PowerShell (Part 2)
- Microsoft Announces Its Exchange Server Virtualization Policy
- Voice Mail and Discoverability with Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging
- Utilizing Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook V3.0 functionality in the Exchange Calendar Update Configuration Tool V 2.0
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 19:56
21 de Agosto de 2008
O Ross Smith IV anunciou no Microsoft Exchange Team Blog que a ferramenta Exchange 2007 Mailbox Server Role Storage Requirements Calculator v15.6 foi disponibilizada publicamente.
De acordo com a página de updates no blog You Had Me At EHLO, as principais alterações têm a ver com correcção de bugs e incluem também alguns melhoramentos.
Para obter instruções detalhadas sobre a utilização da ferramenta, consultem Exchange 2007 Mailbox Server Role Storage Requirements Calculator.
19 de Agosto de 2008
É a notícia do dia, a Microsoft finalmente anunciou a sua política de suporte ao Exchange Server em ambientes virtuais. O Exchange não só será suportado em Hyper-V, mas também em qualquer hypervisor validado pelo programa Microsoft Server Virtualization Validation Program (SVVP).
Aqui fica um excerto da notícia publicada no blog You had me at EHLO.
- Microsoft now supports Exchange Server 2007 SP1 running Hyper-V or hypervisors validated under the Microsoft Server Virtualization Validation Program (SVVP).
- Microsoft is waiving its 90-day license reassignment policy to enable customers who virtualize Exchange to move their licenses between servers within a data farm as often as necessary.
Para mais detalhes, não deixem de ler Microsoft Support Policies and Recommendations for Exchange Servers in Hardware Virtualization Environments.
O Bharat fez um excelente trabalho a resumir as condições necessárias para garantir a suportabilidade:
What's supported: Exchange Server 2007 SP1 running on Windows Server 2008
Supported Exchange 2007 Server Roles: All except Unified Messaging
What Hypervisor: Microsoft Hyper-V, or any hypervisor validated by MSVVP
Not supported: Differencing disks and expandable virtual disks
Not supported: Taking VM snapshots (these aren't application-aware)
Not supported: Combining Exchange's clustering features (SCC and CCR) with availability features from the virtualization layer, such as Hyper-V's quick migration.
15 de Agosto de 2008
- Gartner issues caveats over enterprise iPhone use
- Considerations for virtualizing an Exchange Server environment
- Export Global Address List data to an Access database
- Why details template changes don't seem to show up on clients after being made
- Exchange Server Antispam Updates: Do I have the latest update?
- Accessing the NON_IPM_Subtree folders in Exchange Web Services
- Configuration Manager vs Mobile Device Manager vs Exchange
- Exchange 2007 Sizing Cheat Sheet
- GroupWise to Exchange 2007 - Interoperability and Migration (Part 8)
- OUTBOX: Understanding and Fixing Slow Exchange Web Services Code (Part 2)
- Integrating Social Media with Messaging and Collaboration Tools
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 16:55
14 de Agosto de 2008
Como é habitual, a equipa do Microsoft Exchange Team escreveu o seu post mensal sobre as últimas actualizações de documentação técnica do Exchange Server.
Neste último post, Exchange Server Documentation Updates - August 2008, o destaque vai para os seguintes tópicos:
- Server Installation and Automation Guides: This section of content provides guidance on how to formally document your organization's Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 build process, take steps to automate the build process to improve consistency, and reduce the possibility of operator error during server build and deployment. Installation guide templates cover both Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003.
- Managing Public Folders with the Exchange Management Shell: This article gives tips and tricks for the day-to-day management of public folders by using the Exchange Management Shell.
- White Paper: Continuous Replication Deep Dive: Continuous replication is a key feature of Exchange Server 2007. Read about the technical details and inner workings of continuous replication technology in this white paper.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 08:31
13 de Agosto de 2008
A equipa do Forefront Server Security acaba de anunciar que o Forefront for Exchange SP1 Rollup 3 já está disponível.
Quem quiser obter já o Rollup 3 para o Forefront terá de contactar o Suporte da Microsoft, uma vez que nesta altura não existe ainda um link para o respectivo download.
Rollup 3 resolves the following issues:
- 954564: The scan engines are not updated in Forefront Security for Exchange Server SP1, and a Dr. Watson event is logged.
- 954578: Sender notifications are not sent in Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1 if the "From" field in the original e-mail message header has multiple lines.
- 951761: Rollup version not displayed in the Forefront Help menu - About Forefront.
- 951936: The General Options screen goes blank in Forefront for Exchange when you use the Tab key to scroll through the options.
- 951920: The Forefront Administrator crashes when attempting to close it while the "License Information" pop-up is open.
- 951921: The FSCController service cannot start-up successfully if a corrupt .fdb configuration file is loaded.
- 954092: Engine Updates taking more than 5 minutes to download do not complete.
- 951922: FSCDiag.exe now collects process and PID information from your Forefront server.
- 951923: Forefront for Exchange may see the following issue: ADGetStorage - Could not bind to Active Directory configuration context. Error code: 80005000.
- 952040: Forefront for Exchange will now scan for WMV files that have had their extensions renamed.
- 952039: Forefront for Exchange does not manually scan Public Folders if non-MAPI Public Folders are in the organization.
- 954577: The Start menu shortcut that points to Forefront for Exchange does not work in the German version of Windows Server 2008.
- 954565: Nested .msg attachments are not detected as nested attachments in e-mail messages in Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1.
- 954093: The Filter List order is not updated on scan jobs when you delete and recreate a filter list of the same name.
- 953965: Forefront for Exchange may corrupt messages when attaching messages whose subject lines match a file filter set to Delete/Remove.
- 954561: You are unable to update scan engines through a proxy on a computer that is running Forefront Security for Exchange Server SP1.
- 954094: FSCDiag does not collect engine version info in the verForeFront.csv file when installed on a cluster.
- 954907: E-mail messages are not sent when you are running Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1.
- 954934: Added a log message upon failure of setting up an active/passive Forefront cluster.
- 954911: A scan job fails on a computer that is running Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1.
- 954941: E-mail messages start to build into a queue and the Fsctransportscanner.exe process uses lots of memory when Forefront Security for Exchange Server SP1 is running.
- 953956: Forefront for Exchange false detecting winmail.dat files as corruptedcompressedfile virus
- 954942: You cannot collect data when you try to use the Forefront Server Security Management Console on an SCC cluster that has Forefront for Exchange with Service Pack 1 installed.
- 955010: The FSCDiag.exe utility does not collect the correct data in Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1.
O autor desta fantástica ferramenta, Jonathan Medd, decidiu que já era tempo de poder administrar o Exchange Server 2003 com o PowerShell!
"Since I'm not lucky enough to work with Exchange 2007 yet and the fact that I seem to be able to use Powershell for pretty much everything else I need to do I decided to make a stab at an Exchange 2003 powerpack so that I could use Powershell easily to manage Exchange 2003."
Dmitry Sotnikov escreve:
"His powerpack for Exchange 2003 has 53 (!) different nodes/links/ actions exposing features ranging from mailbox and server management to address books and message queues.
And because this is a PowerGUI pack, you can see all the PowerShell code behind each and every item by just clicking the PowerShell Code tab, or even tweak the things a bit by going into the Properties."
Do que é que estão à espera?
Estava eu a ler o MS Exchange Blog, quando reparei num post interessante que dava conta da existência do site Exchange Issues List. Este site é mantido por Omar Shahine e pretende documentar algumas questões técnicas relacionadas com a sincronização com o Exchange no iPhone 2.0.
O site está organizado do seguinte modo:
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 09:16
8 de Agosto de 2008
- Why a variable called AdminSessionADSettings might interest you as Exchange 2007 Admin
- Fine Tuning Set-CASMailbox
- What is(are) Microsoft Online Services? And what is BPOS?
- Microsoft Exchange Server and Outlook email archiving FAQs
- Researching Exchange 2007’s EdgeTransport.exe.config
- Integrating an Exchange UM Pilot with a Production Messaging System
- Exchange 2007 SP1 and Server 2008 information
- Migrating clients to Exchange 2007 and Outlook Profile Updates
- Dump-Help.ps1 v1.0
- Get-AllQueuesGUI.ps1 v1.4
- Finding Disk Space Used by Exchange, version 2
- Exchange Disk Space, version 2.1
- OLC Beta 12.1 Frequently Asked Questions
- Using Exchange Web Services to Enhance Exchange Message Tracking
- Microsoft Online - Part 5 Service Requests
- Managing Unified Messaging Auto Attendant (Part 2)
- Integrating ISA Server 2006 with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007: Chapter 3 - Guarding Microsoft Exchange Server and Outlook Web Access
- A Gotcha to beware of with Server 2008 and Exchange
- Be aware when you get errors when an account tries to open a mailbox using OWA
- The Recipient Update Service and Exchange 2007 - it broke a bit (Event IDs 8270 & 8315)…
- Handling Poison Messages with Exchange 2007
- The Autodiscover Song
- Understanding Exchange 2007 Memory Usage and its use of the Paging File
- Where does the time go? -519 Jet_errLogSequenceEnd - Part II
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 17:48
7 de Agosto de 2008
Embora seja possível instalar no Windows Vista as ferramentas de gestão remota do Exchange Server 2007 desde o lançamento do Service Pack 1, ainda não era possível, até hoje, a instalação do Exchange 2003 System Manager no mesmo sistema operativo.
A partir de hoje, quem quiser administrar o Exchange Server 2003 a partir do seu desktop com Vista, já pode fazer download do Exchange System Manager for Windows Vista.
Exchange System Manager for Exchange Server 2003 running on the Windows Vista operating system
This download will allow installing and operating the Exchange System Manager for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Vista OS
Queiram por favor ler com atenção as Release Notes que acompanham este software, pois, entre outras coisas, estão lá especificados os pré-requisitos:
- Must be run on a computer in a domain that has Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 (SP2) installed.
- Must be installed on Windows Vista or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- The following must be installed by a user who has Administrative rights. Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 Administration Tools Pack or Windows Server 2003 R2 Administration Tools Pack (x86). We recommend installing R2.
- Windows Server 2008 is not supported.
5 de Agosto de 2008
O recentemente (re)lançado Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007 sofreu uma pequena actualização para a versão 6.0.6363.0.
The Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 management pack is designed to be used for monitoring Exchange 2007 events, collecting Exchange component-specific performance counters in one central location, and for raising alerts for operator intervention as necessary. By detecting, sending alerts, and automatically responding to critical events, this management pack helps indicate, correct, and prevent possible service outages or configuration problems, allowing you to proactively manage Exchange servers and identify issues before they become critical. The management pack monitors and provides alerts for automatic notification of events indicating service outages, performance degradation, health monitoring, and centralized management.
This Management Pack requires Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1.
This Management Pack requires the Operations Manager 2007 updates specified in Knowledge Base articles 950853, 951979 and 951380 (see the Management Pack Guide for details).
- 10/12/2007 - Original Release, version 6.0.5000.0
- 6/22/2008 - Updated Release, version 6.0.6278.12
- 7/24/2008 - Updated Release, version 6.0.6363.0
4 de Agosto de 2008
O tema principal deste mês é a segurança e o ISA Server 2006, que é o reverse proxy recomendado para publicação dos serviços do Exchange Server e que fornece ainda a protecção necessário a todo o ambiente de correio electrónico, uma vez que o ISA Server está classificado como um Enterprise-Class Firewall.
Estes são os artigos desta edição que gostaria de destacar:
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 20:29
2 de Agosto de 2008
- SBS - Exchange Information Store is Corrupt? Recreating the Store
- Microsoft Exchange Online Beta Performs Well
- How to Setup Microsoft Exchange on iPhone 2.0
- Microsoft Exchange Online: An ASP's Reaction
- Get-ExchangeServerPLUS.ps1 v1.14
- Exchange 2003 SMTP Service - Without Exchange
- More on Update-GAC (speeding up PowerShell startup)
- Fixing the red ‘X’ problem in Outlook 2003
- First look at Microsoft Online Services: adding domains
- First Look at Microsoft Online Services: the Sign-In tool
- Automatic installation of Rollups with Exchange 2007
- Grant permission to change permission on mailboxes
- Exchange 2007 EMS
- Delay Notifications: Informing users about delays in mail delivery
- PowerShell: Listing multi-valued attributes
- Show Exchange Whitespace / Retained Items and Deleted Mailbox Space in Powershell with flashy visuals
- How to Configure Exchange Services for the Autodiscover Service
- Some Rumblings in designing active directory and Exchange
- Managing Unified Messaging Auto Attendant (Part 1)
- Testing Exchange 2007 With PowerShell (Part 1)
- Deploying Exchange 2007 Sp1-RU3 on a Windows 2008, the easy (command-prompt) way
- Attachment Filter for Exchange 2007 - transport agent
- Out of Office Admin Assistant Tool - some updates from support…
- Powershell and Moving CCR Mailbox Server Instances Powershell Script…
- Suspending the Storage Group Copy for all Storage Groups on a cluster using a Powershell Script…
- Journaling and Transport Rules in Exchange 2007
- Using Exchange 2007 for Resource Booking
- Take Notice of Exchange Web Service Notifications
- Avoiding Jitter: Jumpstarting the Exchange shell
- Update: A study of Exchange 2007 SP1 Hub throughput with different message sizes
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 09:24