- Roadmap for Outlook Personal Folders (.pst) Documentation
- Outlook .pst file format and interoperability
- Check last successful full backup of Exchange 2007
- Using Group Policy to Restrict the use of PST Files
- Exchange 2010 24×7 Online Defragmentation and Online Database Scanning
- Exchange 2010 RTM DAG using Server 2008 R2 – Part 1
- Migrating from Antigen 8 Products to Antigen 9 or Forefront Products
- Unified Messaging Improvements
- Exchange 2010 Licensing, Features Unveiled
- Exchange 2010 Federation Part I, Part II and Part III
- A new version of FindSearchFolder.exe has been posted to the internet and is available for download
- Exchange 2010 OWA - Exchange Control Panel
- Yes DAG is supported in the Exchange 2010 Standard edition
- What? A Bus Tour Across Central Europe?
- Uncovering the new RPC Client Access Service in Exchange 2010 (Part 1)
- Internet Explorer 8 impacts OWA Load Balancing Scenarios
- Remove Exchange 2007 Mailbox Role Fails with error : Object is read only because it was created by a future version of Exchange: 0.10 (126.96.36.199). Current supported version is 0.1 (8.0.535.0).
- EMC 2010 – Client Access Server Configuration : An IIS directory entry couldn’t be created. The error message is Access is denied. HResult = –2147024891
- Exchange Server 2010 Recommended Configurations by HP
- Exchange 2010 and SLD / Disjoint / Discontiguous Namespaces
- The case of the slow Exchange 2003 Server – Lessons learned
- Exchange 2010 – Revving the Engines for Launch
- VIDEO: Certificate Wizard in Exchange 2010
- E-mail faz hoje 40 anos
- Entrevista exclusiva da SIC a Leonard Kleinrock o pai do correio electrónico
- Spread the Word: Speech Recognition Is the “New Touch” in Computing
- Internet pops champagne on (second) 40th birthday
30 de outubro de 2009
29 de outubro de 2009
Deixo-vos aqui uma pequena lista de webcasts sobre Exchange Server 2010 que vão ocorrer em Novembro e que espero que achem interessantes:
Microsoft Virtualization Best Practices for Exchange Server (Level 300)
Wednesday, November 04, 2009 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Event Overview: Virtualizing business critical applications delivers significant benefits, including cost savings, enhanced business continuity, and an agile and efficient management solution. In this webcast, we focus on virtualizing Microsoft Exchange Server using Microsoft solutions, we discuss the benefits of using Microsoft virtualization technologies instead of technologies from key competitors such as VMware, and we provide technical guidance and best practices for virtualizing Exchange Server in various production scenarios. We also discuss results from lab deployment tests.
Presenters: Arno Mihm, Senior Program Manager, Microsoft Corporation and Rob Simpson, Program Manager, Microsoft Corporation
The U.S. Public Sector Virtual Launch: The New Efficiency (Windows® 7, Windows Server® 2008 R2, and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010)
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Description: Join Microsoft’s Public Sector Vice President Curt Kolcun and top technology leaders at “The New Efficiency” virtual launch event for government, education, and health. Learn how cost savings and productivity come together with a new wave of Microsoft® products. Be one of the first to evaluate exciting innovations in Windows® 7, Windows Server® 2008 R2, and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
Microsoft Secure Messaging Solution (Level 200)
Thursday, November 05, 2009 1:00 PM Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Event Overview: Join us for this webcast as we walk you through the best practices and technologies available to secure e-mail in your organization. After this webcast, you should know how to protect your Microsoft Exchange Server from malware and inappropriate content, how to protect your data from leaking into the wrong hands, and how to easily and securely publish your Exchange Server for access.
Presenter: Cristian Mora, Solution Product Manager, Microsoft Corporation
“Exchange 2010 - A Practical Approach" é um eBook grátis, da autoria do MVP de Exchange Jaap Wesselius, que pode ser descarregado a partir do sítio da Internet da Red Gate Software.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to Exchange Server 2010
1.1 Getting Started
1.2 What’s been removed from Exchange Server 2010?
1.3 What’s new in Exchange Server 2010?
1.4 Exchange Server 2010 and Active Directory
1.5 Exchange Server coexistence
1.6 Exchange Server 2010 Server roles
Chapter 2: Installing Exchange Server 2010
Chapter 3: Exchange Server 2010 Coexistence
3.1 Coexistence with Exchange Server 2003
3.2 Installing Exchange Server 2010 in an Exchange Server 2003 environment
3.3 Coexistence with Exchange Server 2007
3.4 Installing Exchange Server 2010 into an Existing Exchange Server 2007 Environment
Chapter 4: Managing Exchange Server 2010
4.1 The Exchange Management Shell
4.2 The Exchange Management Console
4.3 The Exchange Control Panel (ECP)
4.4 Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
4.5 Archiving and Compliancy
Chapter 5: High Availability in Exchange Server 2010
5.1 High Availability in Exchange Server 2010
5.2 Exchange Server Database technologies
5.3 High Availability in Exchange Server
5.4 High Availability on other Server Roles
Summarizing Exchange Server 2010 – A Practical Approach
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 19:32
27 de outubro de 2009
Pois é, a brincar a brincar, faz hoje 5 anos que este blog teve início. Foi no longínquo dia de 27 de Outubro de 2004 que coloquei aqui o meu primeiro post, na altura ainda nem sabia muito bem que rumo ia tomar.
935 (!) posts depois, cá estou eu ainda, espero que ainda a ser útil à comunidade falante de Português (1 abraço para os meus leitores Brasileiros) de Exchange.
Confesso-vos que o percurso não foi fácil, muitas vezes equacionei abandonar este blog e manter apenas o seu “irmão”, disponível em http://msmvps.com/blogs/ehlo/, com a diferença de ser totalmente em Inglês.
Na minha vida profissional também muita coisa mudou nestes 1826 dias:
- Tive 4 nomeações de MVP (2005, 2006, 2007 e 2008)
- Mudei 2 vezes de empregador (ParaRede > Unisys > Microsoft)
- Criei 2 novos blogs:
- Foram lançadas 2 novas versões de Exchange (2007 e 2010)
A minha paixão pelo Microsoft Exchange Server em particular e pelas tecnologias de Comunicações Unificadas da Microsoft não mudou (diria que até cresceu).
A todos os que me acompanham, o meu muito obrigado!
É já no próximo dia 24 de Novembro que a Microsoft Portugal vai fazer o lançamento Empresarial do Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 e Exchange Server 2010, no Auditório dos Oceanos do Casino de Lisboa. Registe-se.
Descrição Geral do Evento
Participe no lançamento empresarial e saiba como organizações como a sua, podem tirar partido das inovações do Windows® 7, do Windows Server® 2008 R2 e do Microsoft® Exchange Server 2010 para reduzir custos, aumentar a produtividade e a eficiência.
> O Windows 7 pode ajudar a reduzir os custos de gestão, melhorar a produtividade através do Windows Optimized Desktop e a melhor gerir os riscos através de segurança e controlo avançado.
> O Windows Server 2008 R2 possibilita o aprovisionamento dinâmico e a gestão optimizada dos ambientes virtuais, reduzindo os custos energéticos, e em conjunto com o Windows 7, como ajuda a reduzir o custo de gestão de delegações e escritórios remotos, tornando as equipas de colaboradores mais produtivas.
> O Exchange Server 2010 pode simplificar a implementação e a administração de um sistema de messaging, melhorar as capacidades de arquivo e alargar o acesso à sua plataforma de comunicação a qualquer lugar.
25 de outubro de 2009
- Introduction to Exchange Server 2010
- Action Required by Dec. 1, 2009: Keep your Protection Current!
- Send and Receive POP E-Mail with Exchange Online
- Spam-Based Malware Shows Dramatic Rise
- Exchange 2010 Content For Developers
- How can we try to control the network consumption by using OAB Throttling?
- MS changes DAG support statement
- Managing Exchange 2007 from Windows 7
- Discovery Mailbox In Exchange 2010…
- Task – Listing Members Of An Exchange 2007 Dynamic Distribution Group…
- What? A Bus Tour Across Central Europe?
- My First Preview : Outlook 2010 – Calendars & Inbox
- How to fix/repair broken Exchange 2007 counters
- Creating Graphical Reports for Exchange 2007 (Part 3)
- Outlook Web Access Security Features (Part 2)
- Generating Exchange 2010 Certificates (Exchange Management Shell)
- Exchange Server 2010 RTM Upgrade and Installation Notes
- Exchange Server 2010 RTM Upgrade and Installation - Phase 2
- New version of Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer has been released
- Don't put CAS in the Perimeter network!
- HelpUri property from commandInfo object type
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 10:46
17 de outubro de 2009
O Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 v6.0.6702.0, com algumas correcções de bugs, está disponível para download.
This Management Pack includes an extensive set of monitoring including synthetic transactions to effectively monitor Exchange 2007 and report on performance, availability, and reliability of its server roles.
The Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack is designed to monitor Exchange 2007 key health indicators, collect Exchange component-specific performance counters in one central location, and raise alerts for operator intervention as necessary. By detecting, sending alerts, and automatically responding to critical events, this Management Pack helps indicate, correct, and prevent possible service outages or configuration problems, allowing you to proactively manage Exchange servers and identify issues before they become critical. The Management Pack monitors and provides alerts for automatic notification of events indicating service outages, performance degradation, health monitoring, and centralized management.
Note: This Management Pack requires Operations Manager 2007 R2.
- A number of synthetic transactions ensure the Exchange servers are available and responding in a timely manner. The synthetic transactions are maintenance-mode aware, so that if the target of a transaction is in maintenance mode, the source will not run the transaction, and not alert unnecessarily.
- This Management Pack includes a Management Pack template that provides a wizard-like interface for configuring synthetic transactions against Outlook Web Access (OWA), Exchange ActiveSync, Web Services, POP3, and IMAP.
- This Management Pack includes a Management Pack template that provides a wizard-like interface for configuring mail flow synthetic transactions between agent-managed Exchange 2007 Mailbox servers.
- This Management Pack provides 30+ reports specific to Exchange 2007 that track availability and performance compared to service level objectives. For the list of reports and for more information about the reports, see the Management Pack Guide.
- All the synthetic transactions in this Management Pack use an Operations Manager 2007 R2 hosting feature for Windows PowerShell technology that provides a performance improvement when running synthetic transactions.
- A significant number of rules and monitors that are not actionable or may be noisy are disabled. Note that many of these rules are still in the Management Pack so that you can enable them if necessary.
- Support for monitoring any number of Exchange organizations using a single Operations Manager 2007 management group.
- Full support for Microsoft clustered configurations. For more details, see the Management Pack Guide.
- Discovery of Exchange 2007 server roles is disabled by default, and no Exchange 2007 monitoring is applied by default. This allows you to discover and monitor your servers gradually, as well as tune the Management Pack as you bring more agent-managed Exchange 2007 servers into the Operations Manager environment.
- Step-by-Step Introduction to Microsoft® My Phone
- Fake Outlook Web Access update sets malware trap
- OWA – simply impressive
- Exchange Unified Messaging – OVA not playing voicemails
- Exporting Mailboxes Larger Than 2 GB On An Exchange Server
- Easier Ways to Create and Manage Meetings
- Exhange 2010: The New Archiving Feature
- Looking for an easy way to synchronize GALs between organizations?
- Thinking about Exchange 2007 SP 2?
- Configuring DAG witness in a non-Exchange Server
- Using Sharepoint with your Outlook Client
- Have You Considered?
- Automatically updating the Global Address List with mobile numbers from Exchange ActiveSync
- Moderating Emails in Exchange 2010
- Exchange 2010 and AD RMS Requirements: KB 973247 Available
- Moving Items into their own folder by a date range using the EWS Managed API and Powershell (attempting to reduce mailbox clutter)
- Blocking Online Mode Outlook Connections In Exchange 2007…
- Task – When Was The Last Database Backup Run?…
- Get Into the “New Efficiency”. I Did!
- Automating Exchange 2010 Pre-Requisites on Windows Server 20008 R2
- Exchange 2007 Clustering Questions (Part 2)
- Creating Graphical Reports for Exchange 2007 (Part 2)
- Switching CCR Storage Groups into Circular Logging during Migration - and why you might want to do this…
- How to Convert Local and Global Groups to Universal Groups
- Spotlight on Exchange 2010: Version-Based Routing
- Updated schedule of Exchange Anti-spam Filter Updates
- Exchange 2010 Schema was back ported to Exchange 2007 SP2, but why are files different?
- Exchange 2007 Search - Part 3: The Search Process
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 10:26
13 de outubro de 2009
Enquanto revia a minha longa lista de blogs que acompanho diariamente, consegui juntar uma série de recursos técnicos de aprendizagem de Exchange Server 2010. E o melhor é que é tudo grátis!
- 10/13/2009 - Exchange Server 2010 Development (Part 1 of 6): Migrating Applications to Exchange Web Services
- 10/14/2009 - Exchange Server 2010 Development (Part 2 of 6): A Deep Dive into Using Autodiscover Service in Exchange Web Services
- 10/15/2009 - Exchange Server 2010 Development (Part 3 of 6): A Deep Dive into Impersonation and Delegation in Exchange Web Services
- 10/20/2009 - Exchange Server 2010 Development (Part 4 of 6): A Deep Dive into Exchange Web Services Notifications (Push/Pull)
- 10/21/2009 - Exchange Server 2010 Development (Part 5 of 6): A Deep Dive into the Exchange Web Services Managed API
- 10/22/2009 - Exchange Server 2010 Development (Part 6 of 6): Best Practices for Building Scalable Exchange Server Applications
- Configuring Exchange Server 2010 Unified Messaging and OCS 2007 R2 Integration
- Transitioning from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010 (Beta)
- Exchange Server 2010 (Beta) HA and Storage Scenarios
- Configuring Exchange Server 2010 Unified Messaging
- Exchange Server 2010 (Beta) Setup and Deployment
Free Silverlight Learning Snacks:
Free PrePress Chapter Downloads:
- Free Chapters from Exchange 2010 Administrator’s Pocket Consultant:
Chapter 1: Exchange Server Administration Overview AND Chapter 6: Mailbox Administration
Free eLearning Clinics:
- Collection 6899: Exploring Features in Exchange 2010 (2-hours)
- Collection 6900: Introduction to Exchange 2010 (1-hour)
- Collection 6901: Exchange Server 2010 in an Enterprise (1-hour)
Microsoft’s Exchange Server 2010 Learning Portal:
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 22:18
A Microsoft actualizou recentemente o Exchange Server 2003 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007.
The Exchange Server 2003 Management Pack monitors Exchange 2003 deployments and monitors Exchange Server Back-end and Exchange Server Front-End systems.
The Exchange Server 2003 Management Pack monitors the performance and availability of Exchange Server 2003 systems. It can also issue alerts for possible configuration problems Availability and performance monitoring is done using synthetic transactions. In addition, the Management Pack collects Event Log alerts and provides associated knowledge articles with additional user details, possible causes, and suggested resolutions. The Management Pack discovers and monitors the individual server components and functional areas on an Exchange Server 2003 server.
Feature Bullet Summary:
This management pack monitors Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and includes monitors and rules to track performance, availability, and reliability of Exchange core components and functionality.
- MAPI, OWA, OMA, EAS synthetic logon transactions
- Mail flow synthetic transaction
- Monitoring using Self-Tuning Thresholds
- Comprehensive performance metric collection
- 1000+ Event rules with associated knowledge
- Database status
- Database size
- Mailbox statistics
- Public folder statistics
- Message tracking log statistics
- Exchange and related OS Service monitoring
- Configuration monitoring
- Topology discovery of Exchange deployment
- 3/23/2007 - Original release, version 6.0.5000.0
- 6/25/2007 - Updated version, version 6.0.5000.11. The library MP is unchanged from the initial release.
- 1/15/2008 - Updated MP Guide – same version
- 2/25/2008 - Updated MP Guide and Management Pack, version 6.0.6278.0.
- 3/17/2008 - Updated MP Guide and Management Pack, version 6.0.6278.2.
- 4/1/2008 - Updated MP Guide and Management Pack, version 6.0.6278.5.
- 8/21/2008 - Updated MP Guide and Management Pack, version 6.0.6387.0. Please refer to the MP Guide for details.
- 10/12/2009 - Updated release, version 6.0.6702.0, with key bug fixes. Please refer to the MP Guide for details.
9 de outubro de 2009
- Simplify an OWA URL on Windows Server 2008
- Part 1 - How to integrate Exchange 2010 (or 2007) with Trixbox 2.8
- Microsoft My Phone service helps you find your missing phone and much more
- Da Dump
- Exchange 2010 and Exchange Web Services - What’s New Webcasts
- Update: Phishing scheme affecting some Hotmail customers
- Notes from the Cloud: Oct. 6
- Microsoft Unveils New Windows Phones Worldwide
- Outlook 2010 beta and E.164 number format updater
- Exchange 2007 prerequisite XML files included in Service Pack 2 download
- Running PowerShell scripts via Scheduled Tasks
- Getting an error when setting up a federation trust in Exchange 2010?
- Connecting Entourage 2004 To Exchange 2007…
- Exchange Server 2010 Databases no longer belong to the Server object
- Windows Mobile 6.1 / 6.5 for Exchange Server 2010
- Exchange implementation over VM environment
- Creating Graphical Reports for Exchange 2007 (Part 1)
- VIDEO: Certificate Wizard in Exchange 2010
- Additional Shutdown Changes for Outlook 2010 Beta
- Exchange 2010 Released to Manufacturing
- Exchange 2010 is Code Complete and on its way to General Availability
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 21:01
2 de outubro de 2009
- How to Turbocharge Microsoft Exchange Server Performance
- How to Configure an Email Disclaimer in Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- C#: Getting All Emails From Exchange using Exchange Web Services
- Exchange 2010: The Migration Story
- Work around Entourage Web Services Edition installer issues
- Installing Exchange 2010RC Part Two
- Exchange 2010 Client Throttling
- Exchange Server 2010 - Administrative Access to All Mailboxes
- Backscatter protection: how to do it with Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server
- Remember When Email Viruses Were the Big Problem?
- Exchange Server 2010: Managing Archive feature #03
- How to renew the self-signed certificate using Exchange 2010 console
- How to forward all email to another account using OWA
- How to remove 169.254.x.x addresses from message headers of messages coming from CCR clusters
- Exchange 2007 SP2: Self-Signed Certificate Validity Changed
- Overview of MailTips in Exchange 2010
- Windows Search: Rebuilding the Index on Windows 7
- Showing information about a Exchange 2003 user in Powershell
- Exchange 2007 Folder Audit Log Powershell Gui Version 1.0
- Protecting Exchange 2010 DAGs with DPM 2010
- Attaching Emails In OWA 2010…
- Exchange Management Shell : Changing DisplayName format “LastName, FirstName”
- Viewing Registry Values Through PowerShell
- The Security certificate has Expired or is not yet valid
- What is causing my account to get locked out?
- How to set & Change sending and receiving mail size in Exchange 2007
- Deploying Exchange Server 2007 and Office Communications Server 2007 R2 (Part 1)
- Outlook Web Access Security Features (Part 1)
- Real Time Blacklisting
- Sizing Recommendations for Exchange 2010
- Single Item Recovery in Exchange Server 2010
- Removing "Reply All" Functionality for Outlook Users Who Participate in Reply-All Storms, via Group Policy: what to do
- Removing "Reply All" Functionality for Outlook Users Who Participate in Reply-All Storms, via Group Policy: the "Techy Stuff"
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 20:45