Após alguma especulação sobre o Service Pack 1, a equipa de Exchange da Microsoft finalmente publicou a informação oficial: Talking Exchange 2007 SP1...
A primeira Beta será disponibilizada em Abril, sendo que a versão RTM deverá ser disponibilizada lá para o final do ano, provavelmente coincidente com o lançamento do Windows Longhorn.
Aqui fica a lista de algumas novas funcionalidades (reparem no acesso às Public Folders via OWA e a possibilidade de administração destas a partir da Exchange Management Console):
Standby Continuous Replication (SCR)
For such a great feature, we obviously needed a new name!
With Exchange 2007, we introduced Clustered Continuous Replication (CCR) for replication of data between 2 servers within a cluster within the same datacenter. With SCR, data replicates to a non-clustered server in a remote datacenter. If the primary datacenter becomes unavailable, the standby replica in the second datacenter is readily available to be activated.
We'll have new policies for:
- Enforcing encryption of main memory contents on device
- Enforcing which applications are allowed/blocked from running on the device
- Enforcing networking capabilities: disable wifi, Bluetooth, infrared, external storage
- Enforcing communication capabilities: disable SMS, MMS, POP/IMAP, disable camera
SP1 will fill in the feature holes that we just didn't have time to complete by RTM:
- Personal distribution lists
- Monthly calendar view
- Deleted items recovery
- Public folder access
OWA 2007 SP1 spell checking will add support for:
OWA 2007 SP1 will add support for viewing Office 2007 file formats as HTML.
Exchange Management Console
SP1 will fill in the GUI holes that we just didn't have time to complete by RTM, including:
- Public folder configuration
- POP and IMAP configuration
- SendAs permission configuration
- Delegation wizard scenarios
New web service coverage will include:
- Public folder access
- Delegate management
- Folder permission management
On Longhorn Server, we will support Exchange 2007 on native IPv6 networks.
This vital tool administrator tool has been beefed up to include import and export to a .pst
A Eileen Brown tem mais algumas informações sobre o assunto: Exchange 2007 Sp1: Disclosure or not?