- Speeding Up PowerShell Startup
- MS08-039: Which users are vulnerable to the OWA XSS vulnerability?
- Reducing Exchange Server complexity with SANs
- Exchange 2007 hardware planning for continuous replication
- Exchange 2007 high availability strategies and SANs
- Outlook vs. Gmail—The Definitive Comparison
- A primer on the Exchange Management Shell
- Third-party Exchange Server 2007 backup and restore tools
- Useful Exchange Management Shell Cmdlets
- Exchange Server 2003 Security Review
- Event 1025, Source MSExchagneIS Mailbox Store, Error 1162
- Attribute Scoped Queries (ASQs) in PowerShell
- Configuring a Managed Folder help page
- Transitioning to Exchange Web Services Notifications
- How To: Recreate OWA Virtual Directory - Exchange 2007
- Where are mailbox last logon, client IP address, and other details in Exchange 2007?
- Script: Listing Distribution Groups a recipient is a member of
- Using Google Charts in Exchange Powershell Scripts
- iPhone 2.0 & Windows Mobile for Push Email
- Apple's MobileMe Is Far Too Flawed To Be Reliable
- MAPI : Do you know why MAPI is not suitable for HTML messages?
- Outlook 2007 & RSS Feeds : RSS Feeds synchronization failed ?
- Microsoft Online — Part 2
- Microsoft Online - Part 3
- Microsoft Online - Part 4 Creating Users
- Microsoft Online - Part 4 accessing email
- Re-installing the Cluster nodes in an Exchange 2007 CCR-based Mailbox Server Setup (Part 1)
- Migrating from POP/IMAP to Exchange Server 2007 using Microsoft Transport Suite (Part 2)
- Removing The Last Exchange 2003 Server From Exchange 2007 (Part 4)
- Re-installing the Cluster nodes in an Exchange 2007 CCR-based Mailbox Server Setup (Part 2)
- Schedule OCS Live Meetings without Outlook
- Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007 - Renewing an Existing SSL Certificate on your client access server…
- One more time - the Out of Office Admin Tool for Exchange 2007…
- OUTBOX: Understanding and Fixing Slow Exchange Web Services Code (Part 1)
- Disclaimer: This post is about Disclaimers...
- Changing Feed Locations with Outlook 2007's RSS Feature
- The iPhone as a Mail Device
- Where does the time go? -519 Jet_errLogSequenceEnd
- EWS CAS to CAS Request Proxying
24 de Julho de 2008
15 de Julho de 2008
A Microsoft disponibilizou recentemente 2 whitepapers de Exchange Server 2007:
- White Paper: Continuous Replication Deep Dive - This white paper provides the technical details for a technology in Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 called continuous replication.
- White Paper: Planning for Large Mailboxes with Exchange 2007 - This white paper provides an overview of the benefits of deploying large mailboxes with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007. It also provides planning guidance to help you successfully implement the deployment of large mailboxes.
Uma nova actualização (v08.02.0060) da ferramenta Microsoft Exchange Server Jetstress Tool está disponível para download:
Simulate disk I/O load on a test server running Exchange to verify the performance and stability of your disk subsystem before putting your server into a production environment.
Use Jetstress to verify the performance and stability of a disk subsystem prior to putting an Exchange server into production. Jetstress helps verify disk performance by simulating Exchange disk Input/Output (I/O) load. Specifically, Jetstress simulates the Exchange database and log file loads produced by a specific number of users. You use Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, and ESEUTIL in conjunction with Jetstress to verify that your disk subsystem meets or exceeds the performance criteria you establish. After a successful completion of the Jetstress Disk Performance and Stress Tests in a non-production environment, you will have ensured that your Exchange disk subsystem is adequately sized (in terms of performance criteria you establish) for the user count and user profiles you have established. It is highly recommended that the Jetstress user read through the tool documentation before using the tool.
Jetstress 2007 (08.02.0060) Updates: Configuration files and databases created with 08.01.0177 release of Jetstress will not work with version 08.02.0060 . A new configuration file and new databases must be created when using the 08.02.0060 release.
12 de Julho de 2008
- How to Avoid Exchange 2007 SP1 Rollup Installation Problems
- Exchange Server News: Rollup Roundup
- Gartner says Webmail cuts costs for SMEs
- OST performance slow? Defrag it
- Outlook and Exchange on the same computer
- Antigen 9.1 Hotfix Rollup 3 and Performance Monitor
- How do I back up my signatures?
- Creating a Dynamic Distribution Group for all mailboxes on a Database
- Controlling OOFs per domain and per mailbox
- Is RSS making Outlook run slow?
- Shutting down Outlook properly
- Creating an RSS Feed from a calendar or inbox folder using Powershell with an EWS helper class
- Mail enabling a Public Folder using Exchange Web Services in Exchange 2007
- PST/OST Series : Personal folder files are unsupported over a LAN or over a WAN link
- Microsoft Online — Part 1
- Removing The Last Exchange 2003 Server From Exchange 2007 (Part 3)
- GroupWise to Exchange 2007 - Interoperability and Migration (Part 7)
- Update Rollup 3 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP1 may cause errors
- Performance Impact of High Item Counts and Restricted Views
- Administering the Offline Address Book, Outlook 2003-Outlook 2007
- Migrating Exchange 2007 on Windows 2003 to Windows 2008
- Out of Office Problems…
- Support Update: For the OOOAA Tool for Exchange 2007…
- Windows 2008 - Running Exchange 2007 - Remote Administration Error - (Unable to create Internet Information Services (IIS) directory entry)…
- Exchange 2007 404 error using CAS Proxying for OWA 2003 - Running on Windows 2008 and IIS 7.0…
- What's new for Transporter Suite in regards to Lotus Domino in the July 2008 Release.
- iPhone 2.0; Welcome to Exchange!
- Exchange 2007 managed services might time out during certificate revocation checks
- Help Us Improve the Transport Rules Experience
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 17:43
8 de Julho de 2008
A Microsoft disponibilizou os seguintes Update Rollups (é suposto serem lançados todos os 2 meses) para o Exchange Server 2007:
- Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB949870)
- Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 (KB953469)
Para além de todas as correcções que introduzem, também resolvem a vulnerabilidade descrita no Microsoft Security Bulletin MS08-039.
Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007 SP1 Overview
Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2007 SP1 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2007 SP1 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB949870.
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 Release To Manufacturing (RTM). For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2007 RTM, refer to the section Update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 RTM in the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
This is a cumulative update rollup and replaces the following:
- KB945684 Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB945684)
- KB948016 Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB948016)
Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 RTM Overview
Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2007 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2007 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB953469.
This is a cumulative update rollup and replaces the following:
- KB930809 Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 (KB930809)
- KB935490 Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 (KB935490)
- KB935999 Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007 (KB935999)
- KB940006 Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 (KB940006)
- KB941421 Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2007 (KB941421)
- KB942846 Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2007 (KB942846)
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack (SP1). For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2007 SP1, refer to the section Update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 in the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
5 de Julho de 2008
- Tutorial: SAN storage for Microsoft Exchange Server
- How to access SharePoint sites through Microsoft Outlook
- Exchange 2003 and Windows Powershell
- Microsoft Exchange Monitoring service failed to start following installation of Exchange 2007 or Service Pack or Rollup
- Making Outlook a little quieter
- Microsoft Exchange and Search Folders
- OWA login without Domain Name
- 2147024891 - Access is denied: error in EMC
- Exchange 2007 scale
- Installing additional updates during installation
- Monitoring Exchange Server 2007 Performance: Perfmon counters and thresholds
- How quickly do you expect a response on email?
- Migrating from POP/IMAP to Exchange Server 2007 using Microsoft Transport Suite (Part 1)
- User Administration in Exchange 2007 using Powershell CmdLets
- Two-Factor Exchange Server Authentication with PhoneFactor
- Finally it is here - OOO Administrators Tool for Exchange 2007 - RELEASED…
- Yet another update to the Address Segregation Tool…
- Exchange 2007 Service Pack1 and Address List Segregation - Part 2 (Configuring the Organization)…
- Did you just say you wanted a large mailbox?
- Exchange 2007 Performance Counters and Thresholds
- Exchange 2007 on Windows Server 2008
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 13:19
3 de Julho de 2008
Dado que o tema principal é o SQL Server, não há muitos artigos que eu possa destacar, para além destas muito interessantes field notes, escritas por R'ykandar Korra'ti: IMAP Saves the World.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 22:02
O tão aguardado Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006 Service Pack 1 foi finalmente disponibilizado.
Microsoft® Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006 Service Pack 1 introduces new features and functionality to ISA Server 2006 Standard and Enterprise Editions.
The new features focus on configuration change management and enhanced troubleshooting designed to help you identify and resolve ISA Server configuration issues within the ISA Server Management console.
The service pack includes the following new features and feature improvements:
- Configuration Change Tracking—Registers all configuration changes applied to ISA Server to help you assess issues that may occur as a result of these changes.
- Test Button—Tests the consistency of a Web publishing rule between the published server and ISA Server.
- Traffic Simulator—Simulates network traffic in accordance with specified request parameters, such as an internal user and the Web server, providing information about firewall policy rules evaluated for the request.
- Diagnostic Logging Viewer—Now integrated as a tab into the ISA Server Management console, this feature displays detailed events on packet progress and provides information about handling and rule matching.
Improvements for existing features, including:
- Support for integrated NLB mode in all three modes, including unicast, multicast, and multicast with Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP). Previously, ISA Server integrated NLB-supported unicast mode only.
- Support for use of server certificates containing multiple Subject Alternative Name (SAN) entries. Previously, ISA Server was able to use either only either the subject name (common name) of a server certificate, or the first entry in the SAN list.
- Support for Kerberos Constrained Delegation (KCD) cross-domain authentication. Credentials from users located in a different domain than the ISA Server, but in the same forest, can now be delegated to an internal published Web site by using KCD.
- Support for client certificate authentication in a workgroup deployment. This removes the requirement to map each client certificate to an Active Directory® directory user account when forms-based authentication is used as the primary authentication method and client certificates are used as the secondary method.
Repararam que os certificado SAN são finalmente suportados?