- Locating unused Exchange Server mailboxes with PowerShell code
- Five best practices for virtualizing Exchange Server 2010 with Hyper-V
- VMware vSphere necessities for Exchange 2010 virtualization
- Examining your Exchange Server SSL configuration options
- Moving Outlook 2010 to a new Windows computer
- Send an email to attendees who have not responded
- Outlook: Mail stuck after editing in Outbox
- Recipient Rate Limit Increase to 10K for Office 365 and Exchange Online
- Outlook Web App 2013 Touch Mode on a Surface device
- Workaround: Command (send to > Mail recipient or File > Send as attachment) might not work when Outlook 2007 / 2010 is running and installed side-by-side with Outlook 2013
- How to Fix an Unbalanced DAG
- New cmdlets allow server-side control over delegate-sent messages
28 de dezembro de 2012
21 de dezembro de 2012
- Really want to do some winter cleaning? Switch to Outlook.com for the best email experience across all your devices
- Google drops Exchange ActiveSync support for free email accounts
- Google Dropping Microsoft's Exchange ActiveSync: What Do You Do?
- Outlook 2013 deprecated features and components
- Manage user accounts in Office 365: New training course now available
- What is Google Thinking?
- Smart Indexing in the New Exchange
- Cluster Name Object Pre-staging
- New EWS Managed API 2.0 reference content is now available!
- Exchange 2013 Malware Protection - Part 1
- Introducing Load Balancing in Exchange Server 2013 (Part 1)
- Configuring an Exchange Hybrid Deployment & Migrating to Office 365 (Exchange Online) (Part 6)
- Display days left before task needs completion
- Showing the Ruler and Tab Stops in Outlook 2013
- Presentation Available : Virtual infrastructure management and data protection for Exchange Server
- Exchange Virtual Directory HTML Report
- Google loses ActiveSync patent case in London
- Microsoft withdraws problematic updates from WSUS, but no cause to celebrate
- Google and Microsoft spat over ActiveSync: Hardly a war, more like a skirmish
- RIM Prepares for Exchange 2013, But How Long Will BES Last?
- Exchange 2010 SP2 RU5 V2, WSUS, and WMF 3.0: quite a potential for confusion really
- Q: What's the purpose of Microsoft Outlook's Outbox and why might messages get stuck there?
- Managing Exchange ActiveSync Policies in Exchange 2010
- How to customize Outlook 2010, important settings
- Top Exchange administration tips of 2012
- Tracking OWA connections to client access servers
- Restoring Exchange 2010 administrative permissions after a migration
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 19:20
19 de dezembro de 2012
Aqui fica um video, made in Portugal, sobre o Windows 8. Não há palavras! É preciso ver!
O Windows 8 é tão simples que até um ‘pequeno especialista’ o explica. Foi este o ponto de partida para a iniciativa que levámos a cabo na Fnac do Chiado. Num dia, quem visitou a PC Experience foi surpreendido com uma demonstração de produto, como prova da simplicidade do novo Windows 8. A ação apanhou desprevenidas dezenas de pessoas, cujas reações foram filmadas e estão disponíveis no Youtube, num filme chamado “Uma Pequena Demonstração”.
15 de dezembro de 2012
O Windows Server 2012 já anda por aí há algum tempo, mas para quem quer agora começar a perceber este novo sistema operativo a Microsoft Press está a disponibilizar gratuitamente uma boa leitura introdutória: Introducing Windows Server 2012 (RTM Edition).
Mitch Tulloch has updated his very popular free ebook on Windows Server 2012 based on the RTM version of the software.
A key feature of this book is the inclusion of sidebars written by members of the Windows Server team, Microsoft Support engineers, Microsoft Consulting Services staff, and others who work at Microsoft. These sidebars provide an insider’s perspective that includes both “under-the-hood” information concerning how features work, and strategies, tips, and best practices from experts who have been working with the platform during product development.
Please see the links below to download one or all of the available formats.
- PDF - Introducing Windows Server 2012 RTM Edition - PDF ebook
- EPUB – Introducing Windows Server 2012 RTM Edition – ePub format
- MOBI – Introducing Windows Server 2012 RTM Edition – MOBI format (for Kindle)
If you prefer a hard copy of the book, you can order it here for $14.99 from our official distributor, O’Reilly Media.
A edição de Dezembro 2012 da TechNet Magazine já está disponível para leitura online.
Artigos em Destaque:
- SQL Server: SQL Server certification
By Brad McGehee
You have a lot of options for getting certified on your version of SQL Server, and you should do so if you’re the one responsible for keeping it up and running.
- IT Management: The IT social contract
By Romi Mahajan
Businesses need the proper tools to function. And nowhere is that more clear than with IT. Here’s the user’s Bill of Rights from the IT department.
- IIS: Manage multiple certificates on multiple Web servers
By Jason Helmick
While it can be cumbersome to manage numerous security certificates, you can use Windows PowerShell to expedite the process.
- Windows 8: Identify your unique adoption path
By Stella Chernyak
Windows 8 can fit into your infrastructure regardless of which Windows OS you’re using now or where you are in your migration plans.
- Active Directory: Active Directory structures
By Brien M. Posey
While simple is often best, you might want to consider applying a more creative layout to your Active Directory infrastructure.
- SQL Server 2012: Password emergency
By Saleem Hakani
If the unthinkable happens and you forget your SQL Server password, there are ways to get back into the system.
- Lync Server 2013: Keep in touch
By Alan Maddison
The Microsoft unified communications platform is becoming more tightly integrated and has a more resilient architecture.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010: Manage database copies
By Jaap Wesselius
CYou can create and manage copies of Exchange databases for archiving and disaster recovery purposes.
- Utility Spotlight: Gather troubleshooting data
By Lance Whitney
The Microsoft Product Support Reports tool collects information on a misbehaving system to help you (or Microsoft) diagnose the source of the problem.
- Windows Confidential: The hidden variables
By Raymond Chen
Embedding one environment variable within another is simply a matter of good operational timing.
- Toolbox: New products for IT professionals
By Greg Steen
Monitor Web services and event logs with these easy-to-use solutions.
- Windows PowerShell: Make the second hop
By Don Jones
You can run into some tricky situations when Remoting with Windows PowerShell. Just be careful how many times you make the hop.
- Exchange Queue & A: Moving online
By Henrik Walther
You’ll have some decisions to make when moving e-mail from on-premises to a cloud-based environment such as Exchange Online.
- Geek of All Trades: Script-free glue for automation
By Greg Shields
System Center Orchestrator 2012 uses runbooks to automate activities and tasks—all without requiring a single line of code or script.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 11:28
14 de dezembro de 2012
A Microsoft disponibilizou recentemente novos Update Rollups (e também refez o Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2).
- Update Rollup 9 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (KB2746157)
Update Rollup 9 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2007 SP3 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2007 SP3 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2746157.
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 Release To Manufacturing (RTM), Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2007 RTM , Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2), refer to the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
- Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (KB2787763)
Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2787763.
- Update Rollup 5-v2 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (KB2785908)
Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2785908.
Está disponível uma nova actualização para o filtro Junk E-mail do Outlook 2003/2007/2010.
"Esta atualização fornece ao Filtro de Correio Eletrónico Publicitário Não Solicitado do Microsoft Office Outlook uma definição mais atual das mensagens de correio eletrónico que deverão ser consideradas correio eletrónico publicitário não solicitado."
O download está disponível para as versões Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 e Outlook 2010 (32-bit, 64-bit) ou através do Microsoft Update. Como é habitual, está acompanhado pelo respectivo artigo da Knowledge Base:
- Windows Management Framework 3.0 / PowerShell 3.0 and Exchange
- Outlook.com increases security with support for DMARC and EV certificates
- Outlook Weather Bar: Is it raining cats and dogs?
- Getting additional information in a Mailbox Export Request
- Getting Started with Email Archiving in Exchange Server 2010
- Exchange 2010 Mailbox Can’t Be Archive-Enabled Due to Managed Folder Mailbox Policy
- Outlook 2013 SSL Trust Errors When Connecting to Exchange Server
- Released: Update Rollup 5 v2 for Exchange 2010 SP2, Exchange 2010 SP1 RU8 and Exchange 2007 SP3 RU9
- Too many devices when connecting to Outlook.com
- Manually update or reset the Offline Address Book
- Managing Limits in Exchange Server 2010 (Part 2)
- Exchange 2013 Mail Flow (Part 2)
- Multi Tabbed FreeBusy/OOF Board
- IMPORTANT: issues reported with Windows Updates & Exchange 2007/2010
- Load Balancing Exchange 2013 – part 2
- Moving Outlook to a New Computer
- Printing Labels or Envelopes for Contacts
- Is Dell about to cut TEC?
- Outlook and Office 365: Where do SendAs items go?
- Will Exchange fix ActiveSync to make sure that iOS mail can’t screw up calendars
- Q: How can I create distribution lists in Microsoft Outlook by using categories?
- Identifying Exchange Server synchronization issues for Sent Items
- New Exchange 2013 features tighten integration with SharePoint
- How to rebuild an Exchange edge transport server
- ActiveSync support in Windows 8 helps Exchange shops control BYOD
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 18:54
8 de dezembro de 2012
- Top five OWA 2013 improvements that benefit mobile users
- How to repair the Outlook 2010 search index
- Securing mobile devices and exchange
- The Future of Tech Conferences Is Tech
- Microsoft Readies 5 'Critical' Updates for December
- OWA 2013: Good Enough to Replace Outlook?
- Reorder your folders, any way you like ‘em
- Unified Access Gateway SP3 Arriving Early 2013
- Exchange Server 2013: Deploying a new DAG
- Exchange and potential Packet Loss on VMWare
- Decommissioning your Exchange 2010 servers in a Hybrid Deployment
- Exchange Server 2013 Reaches General Availability
- Using AutoDiscover with large numbers of accepted domains (Part 2)
- Configuring an Exchange Hybrid Deployment & Migrating to Office 365 (Exchange Online) (Part 5)
- Setting the Sent Items folder for IMAP accounts in Outlook 2013
- Searching mail faster with keyboard shortcuts
- Load Balancing Exchange 2013 - part 1
- Licensing Office Web Apps Server 2013
- Q: Should I use Hyper-V Replica with Exchange servers?
- Q: How do I repair an .ost file offline if there's no scanost.exe in Outlook 2010?
- Exchange 2013 reaches general availability
- 4 Points to Ponder About Outlook Web App 2013 Offline Access
- Exchange 2010: Adding database copies to databases with a single copy results in copy status failed after seeding is completed…
- “Exchange Unwashed” November 2012 digest
- Exchange 2013 EAC showing some frayed edges
- Working with Hi-Res Photos in Exchange 2013 and Lync 2013
- Exchange 2013 Health Check Monitors and Journaling
- Use a macro to move IMAP account sent items
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 10:36