- Email: Not Just a Commodity
- Setting up mailX with MS Exchange in SUA
- Microsoft MVP Shares Initial Thoughts on HP E5000
- Facebook chat in Hotmail now available everywhere
- Use PowerShell and .NET to Find Expired Certificates
- Licensing 101: Exchange Server 2010
- Evaluation of Backup Exec 2010 R2
- Backup Applications and Strategies for Exchange and File Servers
- BPOS-S: Configure Email Address Forwarding For a Microsoft Exchange Online Mailbox
- Cisco Ditches Cloud E-Mail Service
- What are Bayesian filters anyway?
- Get Into Programming with Exchange Online as part of Office 365
- Exchange 2010 FAQ: How Do I Install the Exchange 2010 Management Tools?
- Exchange 2010 FAQ: Is Direct Exchange Migration from 2003 to 2010 Possible Without Upgrading to 2007?
- Free Sample Chapter from the Exchange Server 2003 to 2010 Migration Guide
- Exchange Server 2010 POP3: Getting Started
- How to Restrict a Distribution List in Exchange Server 2010
- Datacenter Activation Coordination (DAC) mode - Part 1
- Exporting and Uploading Mailbox Items using Exchange Web Services using the new ExportItems and UploadItems operations in Exchange 2010 SP1
- Finding WhiteSpace In Exchange 2010…
- Installing Exchange 2010 SP1 On Windows 2008 R2 SP1…
- Standard Vs Premium Journaling In Exchange 2010…
- Offline Access to Exchange 2010 Docs on TechNet
- Exchange maximum send and receive message size not working
- Video: Securing OWA using Threat Management Gateway 2010
- Planning, Deploying, and Testing an Exchange 2010 Site-Resilient Solution sized for a Medium Organization (Part 6)
- Cancelling Exchange password prompt still shows my e-mail
- Quick Tip: Sending e-Mail to a Distribution list via C# in Exchange 2007 / 2010…
- Exchange Server Licensing: (Some Of) Your Questions Answered
- Exchange 2010 Architecture: Microsoft's Jon Orton Talks About Exchange Online
- Everything you wanted to know about read receipts and delivery reports but were (understandably) afraid to ask
- New High Availability Feature Article and Updated Support Guidance for Exchange 2010
27 de Fevereiro de 2011
21 de Fevereiro de 2011
A edição de Fevereiro 2011 da TechNet Magazine já está disponível para leitura online.
Artigos em Destaque:
- Microsoft Forefront: Secure Access to Your Cloud Services
By Yuri Diogenes
You can provide secure access to cloud services while maintaining business continuity using Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010.
- Windows Azure: Understanding Security Account Management in Windows Azure
By Joshua Hoffman
Cloud computing relieves some of the security burden, but you still have an active role in managing access, securing communications and ensuring data protection.
- Virtualization: Sustainability and Savings Go Hand-in-Hand with Virtualization
By Joshua Hoffman
With virtualization, reducing you carbon output and increasing your bottom line go hand-in-hand. It can help you save power, consolidate resources, while also introducing added flexibility, scalability and resilience to your infrastructure.
- Virtualization: Prepare to Virtualize
By Brian Marranzini
Getting ready to deploy virtual machines in your infrastructure requires a bit of homework and legwork, but the payoffs are worthwhile.
- Server Virtualization: Partition and Conquer
By William Stanek
Taking a proactive stance toward server maintenance with dynamic hardware partitioning can help you balance your virtual server workload.
- Microsoft Office 365: Boost Your Business Productivity
By Joshua Hoffman
Office 365 is the next step in the evolution of business tools, delivering cloud-based productivity that complements the Office desktop experience.
- Cloud Computing: The Power of System Center in the Cloud
By Joshua Hoffman
Windows Server 2008 R2 and System Center can accelerate your adoption of an IT-as-a-service model, which enables greater business agility, scalability and flexibility.
- The Business of IT: IT is the Real Breakthrough
By Romi Mahajan
While the Internet has led to sweeping changes in how we deal with information, who do we really have to thank for that?
- Utility Spotlight: Remote Control
By Lance Whitney
You can’t be in two places at once, so the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 let you remotely manage your servers.
- Geek of All Trades: No MED-V? P2V XP to W7 with MDT
By Greg Shields
Running an IT shop has always come with a side order of alphabet soup. That’s not likely to change any time soon.
- Exchange Q&A: Upgrade Issues
By Henrik Walther
There can be a number of unanticipated issues when upgrading to Exchange 2010, including address list segregation, relocating security groups and hosted messaging.
- Windows PowerShell: Package and Distribute Custom Windows PowerShell Tools
By Don Jones
You can accomplish some interesting things with dot-sourcing, but that can also lead to certain limitations if you’re not careful.
- Toolbox: New Products for IT Professionals
By Greg Steen
This month’s tools help you streamline Windows PowerShell operations and use drag-and-drop functions to build extensions for Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services.
- Windows Confidential: The Legend of Uninstall
By Raymond Chen
Even doing something as simple as installing or uninstalling a program requires Windows to dig up information such as application size and date.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 10:37
19 de Fevereiro de 2011
- Cloud Computing and Microsoft Exchange Coexistence
- Planning MS Exchange Disaster Recovery using the Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)
- Microsoft Exchange RPC Protocols Plugfest Presentations are Now Available
- How to Remove an Exchange 2010 Public Folder Database
- Exchange AntiVirus Exclusion lists
- Configuring Transport Rules from OWA/ECP
- Using the Exchange Processor Query Tool with the Mailbox Storage Calculator
- Rights Management Server and Exchange 2010 (Part 4)
- Using Forefront Script Kit with Forefront Protection for Exchange Server (Part 1)
- IMAP performance in Outlook 2010
- Archive based on Received instead of Modified date
- Exchange 2010 Management Tools are very slow to open and respond
- Exchange 2010 (SP1) problems exporting LARGE mailbox to PST
- Cant send to a moved email domain
- Exchange 2010 Architecture: Microsoft's Adam Glick Talks About EAS
- Exchange 2010 SP1 and Exchange Online (Office 365) Calendaring FAQ
- Getting up to speed with HP BladeSystem and Microsoft Exchange Server Solution 2010
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 11:57
15 de Fevereiro de 2011
Está disponível uma nova actualização para o filtro Junk E-mail do Outlook 2003/2007/2010.
"Esta actualização fornece ao Filtro de Correio Publicitário Não Solicitado do Microsoft Office Outlook uma definição mais actualizada das mensagens de correio electrónico que devem ser consideradas correio publicitário não solicitado."
O download está disponível para as versões Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 e Outlook 2010 (32-bit, 64-bit), ou através do Microsoft Update. Como é habitual, está acompanhado pelo respectivo artigo da Knowledge Base:
- Descrição da Actualização para Filtro de Correio Publicitário Não Solicitado do Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (KB2492441)
- Descrição da Actualização para Filtro de Correio Electrónico Não Solicitado do Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (KB2492475)
- Descrição da Actualização para os conjuntos de aplicações do Microsoft Office 2010 (KB982726)
13 de Fevereiro de 2011
Microsoft Exchange RPC Extractor 1.0 é uma ferramenta muito interessante para diagnosticar problemas relacionados com o Exchange Server.
The Microsoft Exchange RPC Extractor is a command-line tool that can parse network captures and interpret remote procedure calls made from a client to Microsoft Exchange.
The Microsoft Exchange RPC Extractor (RPX) is a command-line tool that can parse network captures and interpret remote procedure calls made from a client to Microsoft Exchange . RPX uses the information provided in the Microsoft Exchange protocol documentation to parse RPCs, remote operations (ROPs), and the parameters for each ROP.
- Supported Operating Systems:Windows 7;Windows Vista Service Pack 2
You can install the Exchange RPC Extractor 1.0 on computers that are running 32- or 64-bit versions of the Windows Vista® or Windows® 7 operating systems.
- Bringing OWA to Your Desktop
- Exchange Forward Inbox Rules
- BPOS-S: Troubleshooting Outlook Integration with Office Communicator Online
- How to Reconnect a Disconnected Mailbox in Exchange Server 2010
- Exchange 2010 FAQ: Can I Replace Exchange 2007 Hub Transport Servers with Exchange 2010?
- Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox Audit Logging Step by Step Guide
- Exchange 2010 FAQ: Are Public Folders Supported in Exchange Server 2010?
- Exchange 2010 FAQ: What is the Difference Between Disabling and Removing a Mailbox
- Creating Inbox Rules with the EWS Managed API in Exchange 2010 SP1 with Powershell
- How fragmentation on incorrectly formatted NTFS volumes affects Exchange
- Exchange 2010 RBAC Manager…
- The critical property 'LegacyExchangeDN' is missing in the MailUser object
- SMTP Routing in Exchange 2010 (Part 2)
- Podcast: Exchange 2010 Archiving (Part 1)
- Signature with Internet image and hyperlink
- Print or create a list of dates for a recurring meeting
- Exchange Server in a Box?
- How do you show multiple time zones in Calendar view in Outlook 2010?
- Can I share my Tasks with other users in Microsoft Outlook 2010?
- How does data execution prevention (DEP) work in Outlook 2010?
- Automatic Processing of Recurring Meeting Requests with Conflicting Instances
- Exchange 2010 Diagnostics: The Unified Messaging Troubleshooting Tool
- Windows 2008 R2 SP1 general availability and what it means for Exchange
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 12:17
5 de Fevereiro de 2011
- Predictions and Survey Results Point to Exchange 2010 Growth
- Email Alias - New Hotmail Feature
- Hotmail delivers aliases to help you manage and secure your email account
- Reporting time spent on Meeting, Task and Journal items
- Wikipedia Entries for Forefront Server Protection and FOPE
- 4 New PowerShell cmdlets
- Microsoft Delivers Online Encrypted E-mail Using Direct Project Security Protocols
- Use Group Policy to Configure Outlook Junk E-mail Filtering
- 5 Ways to Obscure your Email Address
- Multi-Release Strategies and Role Based Access Control
- Exchange 2010 FAQ: What are the Exchange Server 2010 Server Roles?
- Dealing with Throttling restrictions in Exchange Web Services on Exchange 2010 SP1 in scripts and code
- Using the ECP with a Non-Mailbox Enabled Account
- Exchange 2010 Mailbox Move An error occurred while updating a user object after the move operation. --> The value 'HTTP§1§1§§§§§§' is already present
- Rights Management Server and Exchange 2010 (Part 3)
- Managing Distribution Groups in Exchange Server (Part 3)
- Daily Task List Planner
- View or change the Office or Outlook Product Key
- Another method of obtaining ExTRA traces - Windows2008SP2/R2 version
- Simple fun with the Exchange Management Shell – Part 2 – Databases and Mailboxes Stats…
- Is there a way in Microsoft Outlook to allow some HTML messages to automatically download images but still block others from doing so?
- I'm installing Exchange 2010 and I know there are various Roles and Features to install on Windows Server 2008 R2. Is there a single script I can run to set up all the required pre-requisites for installation?
- What does Conversation Clean Up in Outlook 2010 actually do?
- How do I connect System Center Service Manager (SCSM) 2010 to Exchange?
- Important update about Exchange 2010 Personal Archives support in Outlook 2007
- Exchange ActiveSync and Windows Phone 7 "phantom data" issue
- Testing SMTP
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 12:32
2 de Fevereiro de 2011
A Microsoft disponibilizou recentemente uma versão actualizada do Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007.
The Management Pack for Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server monitors the availability, security, configuration and performance of an FPE deployment.
The Management Pack for Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server (FPE) allows you to discover FPE installations and components and to monitor them within System Center Operations Manager 2007 and 2007 R2. When there is an issue that may impact the availability, configuration, or security of your FPE deployment, Operations Manager uses the management pack to detect the issue, alert you to its existence, and facilitate diagnosis and corrective actions.
- Support for Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server (FPE)
- Discovery and monitoring of key FPE services
- Monitoring of product license status
- Monitoring of the availability and configuration of scan jobs
- Monitoring of scan engine and definition updates
- Diagnostic and recovery tasks related to engine updates and service recycling
- Performance views of message scanning rate across scan jobs
- Discovery and monitoring of FPE running with an Exchange CCR cluster
- 11/9/2009 - Original release of the English version, version 11.0.325.00.
- 6/18/2010 - Updated version and localized releases, version 11.1.301.0.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 09:55