- Reporting Exchange Server 2010 Client Access Licenses
- The 10 sexiest Microsoft business teases for 2012
- The Twelve Spams of Christmas
- Creating passwords with PowerShell
- PowerShell function for loading and verifying modules
- Ensure your PowerShell script is connected to Exchange 2010
- Q: When creating a new rule in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2007, what happens if I apply the rule to messages already in the folder?
- Q: How do I install 64-bit Outlook 2010 from the Office 2010 installation DVD?
- Exchange 2010 whitespace reclamation
- What’s new for EWS in Exchange 2010 SP2?
30 de dezembro de 2011
23 de dezembro de 2011
- Exchange & Messaging Year-End Wrap-up
- Q: What is the Outlook saved mail (.msg) file format and what security problems come with its use?
- Running a Service with Large, Low Cost Mailboxes
- Getting and settings local admin group membership on remote machines via PowerShell
- Delegated Sent and Deleted Items behavior
- Exchange 2010 FAQ: Are Wildcard SSL Certificates Supported?
- EHLO Blog goes International
- Exchange 2010 SP2 upgrade issue with Discovery Mailbox
- Exchange OWA and Lync Integration Issue: Multiple SIP ProxyAddresses
- Mobile Device Management (Part 1)
- Exchange 2010 Edge Server High Availability
- Mail Merge with Distribution List as source
- Printing an opened Note in Outlook 2010
- The Exchange 2010 Scripts
- Finding confidential user information with Exchange Search
- Learning how to master PowerShell with Exchange as your tutor
- TechNet Radio: IT Time - New Features in Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- Integrating AD RMS with Exchange, Exchange Online in Office 365 and Windows Phone 7
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 18:04
21 de dezembro de 2011
Apesar da disponibilização do Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2) ter acontecido há já alguns dias, só agora tive finalmente o tempo para blogar sobre o assunto.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP2 helps IT Professionals achieve new levels of reliability with greater flexibility, enhanced user experiences, and increased protection for business communications.
- Flexible and reliable - Exchange Server 2010 SP2 gives you the flexibility to tailor your deployment based on your company's unique needs and a simplified way to keep e-mail continuously available for your users.
- Anywhere access - Exchange Server 2010 SP2 helps your users get more done by giving them the freedom to securely access all their communications - e-mail, voice mail, instant messaging, and more - from virtually any platform, Web browser, or device.
- Protection and compliance - Exchange Server 2010 SP2 delivers integrated information loss prevention, and compliance tools aimed at helping you simplify the process of protecting your company's communications and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Exchange Server 2010 SP2 UM Language Packs
- Exchange Server 2010 SP2 Help
- Release Notes for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- Multi-Tenancy and Hosting Guidance for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- Exchange 2010 SP2 Multi-Tenant Scale Guidance
17 de dezembro de 2011
A ferramenta Microsoft Exchange Server User Monitor v188.8.131.52 foi recentemente disponibilizada para download.
Enables system administrators to view and evaluate individual users' usage and experience with Microsoft Exchange Server.
Use the Microsoft Exchange Server User Monitor to gather real-time data to better understand current client usage patterns, and to plan for future work. Administrators can view several items, including IP addresses used by clients, versions and modes of Microsoft Office Outlook, and resources such as CPU usage, server-side processor latency, and total latency for network and processing. Works with Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010.
A edição de Dezembro 2011 da TechNet Magazine já está disponível para leitura online.
Artigos em Destaque:
- Windows 7: Run Windows Old and New
By Jorge Orchilles
The virtual Windows XP Mode is just one way you can get the most out of Windows 7, and use it to streamline your infrastructure.
- SQL Server: User-Defined Roles
By Denny Cherry
With the advent of SQL Server 2012 comes the ability to create user-defined server roles, a huge step forward for SQL management.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010: Establishing a Virtual Exchange 2010 Datacenter
By Brien M. Posey
There are some best practices you should follow when planning and deploying a virtual Exchange infrastructure.
- Cloud Computing: Virtual Cloud Security Concerns
By Vic Winkler
Using virtual machines within the context of a cloud computing infrastructure poses some interesting security challenges.
- IT Management: The Innovation Singularity
By Romi Mahajan
Innovation is often led by IT, but it must become engrained as part of the culture—not just another business activity.
- Windows Confidential: Watch What You Say
By Raymond Chen
If you don’t want to see it in print, don’t say it. This is particularly true when it comes to talking about new releases of Windows.
- Exchange Queue & A: Across the Forest
By Henrik Walther
Sharing mailboxes and data across forests is possible, but it requires some fancy configuration footwork.
- Windows PowerShell: Meet the New Shell
By Don Jones
If you haven't seen the new Windows PowerShell version 3 yet, you should make a point to check it out.
- Geek of All Trades: The USMT Is Your Friend
By Greg Shields
Even User State Migration Tool haters might want to revisit this helpful solution for automating OS migrations and bringing along all the user settings.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 16:05
Está disponível uma nova actualização para o filtro Junk E-mail do Outlook 2003/2010.
"Esta actualização fornece ao Filtro de Correio Publicitário Não Solicitado do Microsoft Office Outlook uma definição mais actualizada das mensagens de correio electrónico que devem ser consideradas correio publicitário não solicitado."
O download está disponível para as versões Outlook 2003 (não há para Outlook 2007 este mês) e Outlook 2010 (32-bit, 64-bit) ou através do Microsoft Update. Como é habitual, está acompanhado pelo respectivo artigo da Knowledge Base:
16 de dezembro de 2011
- Ten new reasons to love Hotmail
- Exchange 2010 SP2: don't forget the rest of the ecosystem
- Hard to find the latest outlook patch/updates
- Error: Outlook Was Unable to Recover Some or All of the Items in this Folder
- OWA Cross-Site Silent Redirection in Exchange 2010 SP2
- Database Maintenance in Exchange 2010
- How to use a Proxy Server with the EWS Managed API and PowerShell
- How to Generate an Exchange 2010 Room List Report with PowerShell
- Back Pressure in Exchange 2010 (Part 2)
- Sending meeting requests without Notes
- Always reply in HTML format
- EWSEditor December 2011 Release Updated!
- The Problem with Hardware VSS Providers and Cluster Technologies like CSV and DAG
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 17:58
14 de dezembro de 2011
A edição de Novembro 2011 da TechNet Magazine já está disponível para leitura online.
Artigos em Destaque:
- Windows Server 2008 R2: Networking in Failover Clusters
By John Marlin
When failure isn't an option, configuring failover clusters in Windows Server can help ensure high availability.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010: Server Roles
By Jaap Wesselius
How you manage and configure server roles has a huge impact on the efficiency of your Exchange Server infrastructure.
- Cloud Computing: Cloud Security Concerns
By Vic Winkler
While maintaining appropriate data security continues to be a prevailing concern, a cloud computing infrastructure can actually increase your overall security.
- Windows 7: The Time Is Now for Windows 7
By Joshua Hoffman
Windows 8 is grabbing the headlines, but there’s still considerable value moving to Windows 7 if you haven't yet.
- Windows 7: Migrating to 64-Bit
By William R. Stanek
There are some special considerations when migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit, as well as some tools and techniques that can help.
- SQL Server 2012: Sometimes Partial Is Preferable
By Denny Cherry
SQL Server 2012 will support partially contained databases, which should ease some migration and consolidation issues.
- SQL Server: Effective Query Tuning
By Glenn Berry, Louis Davidson and Tim Ford
Focus on query tuning to truly optimize your SQL Server performance and efficiently manage workloads.
- Windows Networking: Secrets of Windows Event Auditing
By David Rowe
The need for access control, regulatory compliance and network complexity makes event auditing more important than ever before.
- SQL Q&A: Defrags and Disasters
By Paul S. Randal
Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper can clean up your system after a virus infection and help you get back into Windows.
- Windows Confidential: Jump Once, Jump Twice
By Raymond Chen
The new Jump Lists feature in Windows 7 lets you jump to recent or favorite items, but jump carefully.
- Utility Spotlight: Windows 7 Installation Simplified
By Lance Whitney
Installing an OS such as Windows 7 from scratch can always be a bit of a chore. This free utility helps streamline the process.
- Windows PowerShell: Scripting Crash Course
By Don Jones
This extended Windows PowerShell column will jump-start your knowledge of this powerful technology.
- Toolbox: New Products for IT Professionals
By Greg Steen
The tools in this month's toolbox help tie together additional systems to give you extra screen real estate and an alternate backup solution.
- Geek of All Trades: Expand Beyond One
By Greg Shields
You can add a second RD Session Host server following these five relatively simple steps.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 17:20
9 de dezembro de 2011
- On-Premises to Cloud Interoperability with Lync Online and Exchange Online
- Hotmail named best web app of 2011 by PC Magazine
- Installing Exchange 2010 Service Pack 2
- Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server - Frequently Asked Questions
- Outlook on Outlook: Autumn 2011 posts
- Exchange 2010 Service Pack 2 Released
- Tip o’ the Week #81 – I’m Late!
- How To Access System Folders From EWS Managed API
- How to Health Check an Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server
- Using Test-Mailflow with Exchange 2003 Servers
- Upgrading to Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
- Recommended Windows Hotfix for Database Availability Groups running Windows Server 2008 R2
- Exchange Advice Video – YOUR Advice
- Exchange 2010 Service Pack 2 and Hosting
- Released: Exchange Server 2010 SP2
- Exchange Online December 2011 Service Update
- Introducing the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
- Creating an Out of Office Board using Remote Powershell, Mailtips and the EWS Managed API
- Using the new EWS password expiration operation in Exchange 2010 SP2 in Powershell
- Exchange 2010 SP2: Changes to the MRSProxy Service Configuration
- Exchange 2010 SP2: OWA Cross Site Silent Redirection (update of old blog post from May 2011)
- Exchange 2010 SP2: OWA Mini Exposed (update of old blog post from May 2011)
- Test-SystemHealth – 3 Of 28 Test Cmdlets In Exchange 2010 SP1…
- Test-ECPConnectivity – 4 Of 28 Test Cmdlets In Exchange 2010 SP1…
- Test-MRSHealth – 5 Of 28 Test Cmdlets In Exchange 2010 SP1…
- Test-OWAConnectivity – 6 Of 28 Test Cmdlets In Exchange 2010 SP1…
- The “IIS 6 WMI Compatibility” Component Is Required Error While Upgrading To Exchange 2010 SP2…
- Outlook Object Model 2010: Programmatically check whether the search is synchronous or not?
- Outlook 2010: Migrating CDO based application to Outlook Object Model(OOM) library
- How to Add Exchange Proxy Addresses from a CSV File with PowerShell
- Deep dive into rich coexistence between Exchange Forests (Part 3)
- Auditing Mailbox Access
- Back Pressure in Exchange 2010 (Part 1)
- Managing Personal Archive in Exchange Server 2010 (Part 4)
- Using Powershell to Simplify Mailbox Auditing (Part 1)
- Deep dive into rich coexistence between Exchange Forests (Part 2)
- Adding spouse and children details to a contact
- Remove underline and changing hyperlinks color
- Reset or keep formatting when pasting to email
- Flags with reminders for IMAP accounts
- People Pane adds GUID references to IE History
- Schedule meeting between multiple time zones
- Restrict access to Exchange 2010 OWA by using Client Certificates
- Troubleshooting a Mailbox Database Copy in “FailedAndSuspended”-state
- New pre-requisites for Exchange 2010 Service Pack 2 and CAS Role
- MSDN: New “how to” docs for building Exchange ActiveSync clients
- EWSEditor December 2011 Update - Now on CodePlex!
- New Scripts in Exchange 2010 SP2
- Adjusting Exchange 2010 DAG Failover in High Latency Networks
- Litigation hold updates in Exchange 2010 SP2
- DAGs and clusters
- Exchange 2010 SP2 makes its debut
- The futility of attempting to recall a message
- Exchange 2010 SP2: The HCW Makes it Easier to Adopt the Cloud
- Q: How can I import Outlook autocomplete (NK2) files into Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Q: What are the "clean" command-line switches in Outlook 2010?
- Email Law: Avoid Unnecessary Risks to Your Business
- Video: Walkthrough of Exchange 2010 DAG Creation
- Video: Exchange 2010 High Availability
- Outlook 2010 Protection Rules and Exchange 2010
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 21:51