- Open multiple mailboxes on different Exchange Servers with Outlook 2010
- Accessing The Information Store From Powershell
- More on Server-Side Antivirus and Exchange Server
- Free online video training courses for Outlook 2010!
- 9 ways Exchange 2010 reduces spam
- Get-PublicFolderStatistics Can’t Find A Folder
- Exchange Server 2010 Room Mailboxes Step by Step Guide
- How to Find Exchange Server 2010 Mailboxes without Storage Quotas
- How to Find Exchange Server 2010 Databases with Circular Logging Enabled
- Anti-Spam Reverse DNS Testing
- Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2003 Polling Interval delay
- Designing a Site Resilient Exchange 2010 Solution (Part 3)
- Using DPM 2010 to protect mail on client machines (Part 2)
- How to Configure Fast Cached Exchange Mode Settings for Outlook 2010 Using Group Policy
- Troubleshooting CRL issues in a Exchange 2010 Lab
- Exchange Processor Query Tool
- Removing specific messages from your Exchange Server
- Released: Exchange 2010 SP1 Software Development Kits
31 de outubro de 2010
27 de outubro de 2010
Pois é, o tempo passa depressa… Faz hoje 6 anos que me iniciei nesta aventura dos blogs, e foi exactamente aqui, no “subject:exchange” que tudo começou.
1056 posts depois, o balanço é francamente positivo: iniciei mais uns quantos blogs (http://msmvps.com/ehlo, http://blogs.msexchange.org/silva/), fui nomeado MVP e aprendi imenso com o resto da Comunidade técnica.
A todos os leitores deste blog, um grande bem-haja!
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 17:32
24 de outubro de 2010
- Exchange 2010 DAG Creation and Configuration, Part 2
- Importing PSTs with PowerShell in Exchange 2010 SP1
- Microsoft Announces Office 365
- Email Header Analysis
- Office 365: The Best of Everything We Know About Productivity in One Cloud Service
- A call to action: Embrace SPF
- Exchange Server 2010 Database Availability Group Installation Step by Step
- Exchange Pre-Deployment Analyzer: Preparing for Exchange Server 2010 Deployment
- RPC Encryption Disabled By Default In Exchange 2010 SP1…
- How to configure Unified Messaging with Asterisk SIP Gateway (Part 2)
- The Offline Address Book (Part 4)
- Exchange 2007: 501 5.1.3 Invalid address Short Name Rcpt SMTP address
- Error: “Couldn’t find the Enterprise Organization Container” when Creating a New Mailbox Export Request
- Office 365 and Exchange
- Graphical user interface (GUI) enhancements in Exchange 2010 SP1
- Office 365 Features, Pricing and On-Premises/Online Feature Comparison
- Top 10: Windows Phone 7 Enterprise Features
- Replacing a Federation Trust Certificate When the Original Certificate is Missing
- Make phone numbers clickable in Outlook
- Exchange 2007 – Service Pack 1 – Service Pack 3 Address List Segregation Tool Version 2.2.1 .NET – Part 2 (Adding in a second environment plus additional configuration)…
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 11:11
16 de outubro de 2010
- Clustering the Exchange 2010 Correlation Engine service
- Adoption Program Insights: Sending Emails from Windows Azure
- New Exchange 2010 Permissions: Role-Based Access Control
- Applying Updates to Exchange 2010 SP1 (including DAGs)
- Troubleshooting Lync-Exchange OWA Integration
- Exchange Server Backup Status
- The Exchange Edge default Receive connector gets unexpectedly disabled even though the Email policy is not configured
- Sort Microsoft Outlook Contacts By Date Created
- 11 Ways End Users can Help Reduce Spam
- There's something about 2007 Dynamic Distribution Groups
- Exchange 2010 Error: Registry key has subkeys and recursive removes are not supported by this method
- Exchange Server 2010 SP1 and Blackberry Calendars Not Synchronizing
- Modifying Outlook profiles in Outlook 2010 with VBS and Powershell
- Making OWA canary's sing using cookies in your OWA scripts
- Concern: Is having Outlook 2003 clients going to prevent me from deploying Exchange 2010?
- Installing Exchange 2010 SP1 In Hosting Mode…
- Rollup Installation Made Easier With DAG Maintenance Scripts In Exchange 2010 SP1…
- Publishing POP, IMAP & SMTP Settings In Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA…
- Designing a Site Resilient Exchange 2010 Solution (Part 2)
- Video: Getting Anti-Spam with Edge Transport Server
- Configure Send email to Sharepoint on SBS 2011–Preview
- Is Server-Side Antivirus Still Useful in Exchange?
- E2010 Calculator, Megacycles, SPECInt2006, and Cores...Huh?
- New HA Design Guidance Articles
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 12:14
10 de outubro de 2010
O Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (KB2407028) foi recentemente disponibilizado para download.
A equipa de Exchange da Microsoft Exchange disponibilizou informação adicional no seu blog sobre esta actualização, da qual gostaria de chamar a atenção para o seguinte:
Note for Forefront users
For those of you running Forefront, be sure you perform these important steps from the command line in the Forefront directory before and after this rollup's installation process. Without these steps, Exchange services for Information Store and Transport will not start back up. You will need to disable ForeFront via fscutility /disable before installing the patch and then re-enable after the patch by running fscutility /enable to start it up again post installation.
Ainda de acordo com a mesma fonte, o Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 está neste momento agendado para sair em Dezembro.
Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2407028.
- Supported Operating Systems:Windows 7;Windows Server 2008 R2;Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2;Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 must be installed prior to installing this update rollup.
- Any Interim Updates for Exchange Server 2010 must be uninstalled prior to installing this update rollup.
- Transitioning an Active Directory Site for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- In Search of Exchange Server Community
- OWA 2007 Search only displays the first 100 results.
- Upgrading to Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
- Exchange Server 2010 Client Access Server Backup and Recovery
- Slow mailbox move with Exchange 2010 SP1
- Upgrading from Exchange 2007 to 2010
- The Offline Address Book (Part 3)
- Anti-Spam by Using Edge Transport Server (Part 1)
- Even More Exchange 2010 Management Tools Fun
- Object is read only because it was created by a future version of Exchange: 0.10 (126.96.36.199). Current supported version is 0.1 (8.0.535.0). Error While Uninstalling 2007 Mailbox Role…
- Group Membership Approver Gets An Email To Approve Membership To A Distribution Group Without The Group Name In Exchange 2010 SP1
- Windows Server Backup with Volumes that Include Active and Passive Exchange Databases
- Exchange 2010: Move-DatabasePath results in an InvalidOperationException when mount points are utilized for storage
- How Do I Install and Use the Bing Travel Add-In for Outlook 2010?
- Exchange 2010 (RTM) public folder replica lists could be modified in unexpected ways if public folder was created when Exchange 5.5 was in the organization
- So you want to change your expired passwords in OWA...
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 11:31
7 de outubro de 2010
O Ross Smith IV anunciou no Microsoft Exchange Team Blog que a ferramenta Mailbox Server Role Storage Requirements Calculator foi mais uma vez actualizada, agora para a versão 12.8.
De acordo com a página de registo de actualizações, estas são as principais novidades:
Enhancements (introduced in version 12.1)
- Incorporated Megacycle adjustment formula changes as documented in Guidance Change- Calculating the Megacycles for Different Processor Configurations Formula.
- The calculator no longer requires you to enter in the adjusted megacycles per core for the server architecture you are deploying. Instead, you simply need to obtain the SPECint2006 Rate Value for your server platform. To determine your SPECint 2006 Rate Value:
- Open a web browser and got to www.spec.org.
- Click on Results, highlight CPU2006 and then select Search CPU2006 Results.
- Under Available Configurations, select SPECint2006 Rates and click Go. Under Simple Request, enter the search criteria (e.g. Processor matches x5550).
- Find the server and processor you are planning to deploy and take note of the result value. For example, let's say you are deploying a Dell PowerEdge M710 8-core server with Intel x5550 2.67GHz processors (2670 Hertz); the SPECint_rate2006 results value is 240.
- Added Megacycle Multiplication Factor – this works exactly like the IOPS Multiplication Feature does and was added as a result of RIM providing E2010 guidance on megacycle impact due to Blackberry devices.
- Active/Active user distribution scenarios. Yes, really! An Active/Active user distribution architecture has the user population dispersed across both datacenters (usually evenly) with each datacenter being the primary datacenter for its specific user population. In the event of a failure, the user population can be activated in the secondary datacenter (either via cross-datacenter single database *over or via full datacenter activation).
- Added a new worksheet/section that documents the Activation Scenarios for DAG deployments.
- Added error reporting validation logic if HA solution results in greater than 16 servers in a DAG to not show any results, since the design is invalid.
- Dumpster size calculations have been optimized as calendar versioning storage has been reduced from 5.8% impact to 3% impact in SP1.
- Fixed total number of databases/server calculation to deal with Active/Active (Single DAG) scenario correctly with respect to dedicated DR servers
- Fixed storage design disk calculations formulas for Active/Active (Single DAG) scenario, i.e., don't recommend JBOD in scenario where only single copy is deployed (e.g., lagged copy deployed in secondary datacenter without dedicated hardware)
- Fixed Number of Active Mailbox Servers in DC2 calculation to not double count lagged copies when deploying Active/Active (Single DAG) scenario and deploying lagged copy in both Primary and Secondary Datacenters
- Fixed # of Target Lagged Copy Log Stream calculations to not double count lagged copies when deploying Active/Active (Single DAG) scenario and deploying lagged copy in both Primary and Secondary Datacenters
- Fixed second DAG Member Layout Table to show number of servers for both Active/Active scenarios
Para obter instruções detalhadas sobre a utilização da ferramenta, consultem Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator.
Para fazer download da ferramenta, cliquem aqui.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 09:15
A edição de Setembro de 2010 da TechNet Magazine já está disponível para ser lida online.
Artigos em Destaque:
- Top 10 Virtualization Best Practices
- Special Report: IT Salary Survey
- Silverlight Development: Build Your Business Apps on Silverlight
- Troubleshooting 201: Ask the Right Questions
- IT Management Managing IT in a Recession—Tips for Survival
- Windows PowerShell: Cereal or Serial?
- Utility Spotlight: Create Your Own Online Courses
- Geek of All Trades: Automatically Deploying Microsoft Office 2010 with Free Tools
- SQL Q & A Maintaining Logs and Indexes
- Windows Confidential: History—the Long Way Through
- Toolbox: New Products for IT Professionals
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 09:04
OK, isto não são propriamente notícias fresquinhas, mas uma vez que tenho andado extremamente ocupado, não tive oportunidade de blogar sobre o assunto até agora: o Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 foi disponibilizado para download.
Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2007 SP3 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2007 SP3 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB2279665.
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 Release To Manufacturing (RTM), Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2007 RTM , Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2), refer to the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
Se você é daquelas pessoas que gosta de saber todos os pormenores e detalhes técnicos que estão por trás de uma implementação de Exchange Server, então com certeza vai gostar deste documento: Exchange Server Active Directory Schema Changes Reference, September 2010.
This download includes the Exchange Server Active Directory Schema Reference, which provides information about the changes that Microsoft Exchange Server makes to the Active Directory schema when it is installed. The Exchange Server Active Directory Schema Changes Reference includes changes made by Exchange Server 2010 SP1, Exchange Server 2010, Exchange Server 2007 SP3, Exchange Server 2007 SP2, Exchange Server 2007 SP1, Exchange Server 2007, and Exchange Server 2003.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 08:51
3 de outubro de 2010
- First Look: Outlook 2011
- Exchange 2010 Site Resilience, Multiple DAG IPs, and Cluster Resources
- Changing Security Groups to Distribution Groups
- Information about the new Kaspersky 8 antivirus engine for Forefront and Antigen products
- Student life made easier with Outlook
- Universities Go Back to School With Live@edu
- Installing Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Hosting in a multi-tenant organization
- Exchange 2010 permissions management in SP1
- Exchange 2010 SP1 /Hosting
- Error 1638 Removing or Reinstalling Exchange 2010 Server Role
- What is the Real Effect of Removing Single Instance Storage in Exchange Server 2010
- How to fix the five most common Outlook errors
- Exchange certification explained
- Connecting the Disconnected in Exchange 2010
- #550 5.1.4 RESOLVER.ADR.Ambiguous; ambiguous address ## – Duplicate LegacyExchangeDN Value…
- Exchange 2010 Setup Fails when Scripting Agent is Enabled
- Designing a Site Resilient Exchange 2010 Solution (Part 1)
- Using DPM 2010 to protect mail on client machines (Part 1)
- Fix for Event ID 2937 MSExchange ADAccess in Exchange 2010 SP1
- How to fix MSExchangeTransport Event ID 12014 on Edge and Hub Transport servers
- How to Integrate Lync Server 2010 with Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA
- Database copies fail to display after upgrading to Exchange 2010 Service Pack 1
- Exchange Server's Client Access: Load-Balancing Your Servers
- Configuration Improvements in Outlook Web App / Instant Messenger integration in Exchange Server 2010 SP1
- UPDATE: Microsoft Security Advisory 2416728, the ASP.NET Vulnerability, and Exchange Server
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 16:45