- Securely Publishing Microsoft Exchange Server With Forefront Unified Access Gateway - Part 1
- Determine the version of Microsoft Exchange Server my account connects to
- Exchange Server Updates Galore: 2007 SP3, 2010 Rollup 4, 2010 SP1 Beta
- List Delegates in Exchange 2007
- Work with Microsoft Exchange content when offline
- Windows Phone 7 enterprise features overview
- Grab Exchange Server 2010 SP1 beta and check out the the new OWA enhancements
- Shared Mailbox and Archive: Q & A
- Support for multi-tenancy in Exchange 2010?
- Understanding the Spam Confidence Level in Exchange Server
- Journal Rules In Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta Control Panel (ECP)…
- Setup Wizard For Update Rollup Ended Prematurely…
- More Database Availability Group (DAG) Options Exposed In Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta Console…
- Litigation Hold Exposed In Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta Control Panel (ECP) And Management Console (EMC)…
- Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer explained so I can understand it
- Audit Exchange 2007 SP2 Auditing
- Exchange 2010 Role Based Access Control (Part 2)
- Video: Preview of Exchange Server 2010 Servicepack 1
- Exchange 2010 – Set Default Language in Outlook Web App (OWA)
- Exchange 2010 SP1: Add/Modify Mailbox Folder Permissions (Add-MailboxFolderPermission and Set-MailboxFolderPermission)
- Exchange 2007 SP3 Password Reset Tool
- How to add a "Sign In Again" button to the Exchange 2010 OWA Sign Out page
- How to add a "Log On Again" button to the Exchange 2007 OWA Log Off page
- TechNet Wiki: The Beginning of Something Big
- Overview of Exchange 2007 SP2 Rollup Installation
- Sample script to disable and enable Forefront service during patching
- Droid . . . doesn't? Sync with Exchange Server, That Is
- Mailbox Search Improvements In Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta Control Panel (ECP)…
- New Management Packs for Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server and SharePoint are available
- Office Labs: Forgotten Attachment Detector now supports Arabic, German, and Japanese
25 de junho de 2010
23 de junho de 2010
Antes de instalar esta actualização, não se esqueçam de ler How to Install the Latest Service Pack or Update Rollup for Exchange 2007!
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) has been designed specifically to meet the challenges facing our customers and to help address the needs of all the different businesses and organizations utilizing our Exchange Server 2007 enterprise messaging system.
Exchange Server 2007 SP3 is a mission-critical communications tool that enables employees to be more productive and access their information anywhere and anytime while providing a messaging system that enables rich, efficient access to e-mail, calendar items, voice mail, and contacts.
For administrators, Exchange Server 2007 SP3 provides further flexibility with the addition of Windows Server 2008 R2 support for server roles and Windows 7 support for the Exchange management tools. These additions, along with enhancements for the advanced protection options against e-mail security threats, such as spam and viruses and the tools which help manage internal compliance and high availability needs provide Exchange administrators with the tools they need to manage their Exchange 2007 environments efficiently.
Clean installations of Exchange 2007 SP3 on a new server are possible by using this download in the same manner as you would install Exchange 2007 RTM, Exchange 2007 SP1 or Exchange 2007 SP2.
For an overview of the new features that are available in Exchange Server 2007 SP3, see "What's New in Exchange Server 2007 SP3".
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86); Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 x64 Edition; Windows Server 2008; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Review the Release Notes prior to installation of Exchange Server 2007 SP3
- For information regarding system requirements for Exchange Server 2007 SP3.
- Customers using CDO for Exchange (CDOEx) read the detailed information in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 982720
- Customers using Small Business Server 2008 review How to install Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 on servers that are running Windows Small Business Server 2008
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 Unified Messaging Language Packs
19 de junho de 2010
Enquanto lia o blog do Scott Schnoll, reparei que 2 óptimas ferramentas de Exchange foram recentemente disponibilizadas em RTM (já havia uma versão Beta pública):
- Microsoft Exchange Server Jetstress 2010 (64 bit) – Use Jetstress 2010 to verify the performance and stability of a disk subsystem prior to putting a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007 and 2010 server into production. Jetstress helps verify disk performance by simulating Exchange disk Input/Output (I/O) load. Specifically, Jetstress simulates the Exchange database and log file loads produced by a specific number of users. You use Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, and ESEUTIL in conjunction with Jetstress to verify that your disk subsystem meets or exceeds the performance criteria you establish. After a successful completion of the Jetstress Disk Performance and Stress Tests in a non-production environment, you will have ensured that your Exchange disk subsystem is adequately sized (in terms of performance criteria you establish) for the user count and user profiles you have established. It is highly recommended that the Jetstress user read through the tool documentation before using the tool.
- Exchange Load Generator 2010 (64 bit) – Use Microsoft Exchange Load Generator 2010 (LoadGen) as a simulation tool to measure the impact of MAPI, OWA, ActiveSync, IMAP, POP and SMTP clients on Exchange 2010 and 2007 servers. LoadGen allows you to test how a server running Exchange 2010/2007 responds to e-mail loads. To simulate the delivery of these messaging requests, you run LoadGen tests on client computers. These tests send multiple messaging requests to the Exchange server, thereby causing a mail load. LoadGen is a useful tool for administrators who are sizing servers and validating a deployment plan. Specifically, LoadGen helps you determine if each of your servers can handle the load to which they are intended to carry. Another use for LoadGen is to help validate the overall solution.
This version is intended for Microsoft Exchange 2010 and 2007 Servers only.
Important! LoadGen should be used only in laboratories that have no connection to the production environment. This tool should not be used in any way in a production environment or an environment that is mission critical or contains important information of any kind anywhere in the network.
“Couldn’t make it to all the sessions? Watch them online!”, é esta a frase que nos recebe no site do Microsoft Tech•Ed Online, onde poderemos encontrar inúmeras gravações de vídeo das sessões que ocorreram naquele evento.
Existe uma área inteiramente dedicada às Unified Communications, onde, para além de outras, poderemos encontrar várias sessões sobre Exchange que tiveram lugar no Tech•Ed North America 2010 (estão lá muitas mais de eventos anteriores):
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010: Sizing and Performance - Get It Right the First Time
- Going Big! Deploying Large Mailboxes with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 without Breaking the Bank
- Using Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 to Achieve Rich Coexistence with Exchange Online
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Unified Messaging in the Real World
- How Microsoft IT Implemented Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010: High Availability Deep Dive
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC) in Microsoft Exchange Server 2010: A Real-Life Implementation
- What's New in Archiving, Retention, and Discovery in Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 High Availability Design Considerations
- Upgrading from Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007 to Exchange Server 2010: Tips, Tricks, and Lessons Learned
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1: An Overview of What’s Coming
- What You Need to Know about Exchange Web Services
- Deploying Windows Phone 7 with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
18 de junho de 2010
O Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 (KB982639) foi recentemente disponibilizado.
Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2010 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2010 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB982639.
This is a cumulative update rollup and replaces the following:
- KB976573 Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 (KB976573)
- KB979611 Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 (KB979611)
- KB981401 Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 (KB981401)
Para mais detalhes técnicos, queiram por favor ler o post no blog da Microsoft Exchange Team: Released: Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 (contém informação bastante importante para os utilizadores de Forefront!), e, claro, o artigo da Knowledge Base correspondente: KB 982639.
Eu já instalei esta actualização no meu ambiente de testes, e posso-vos dizer que tudo correu conforme o esperado, sem qualquer tipo de problema.
- Microsoft starts rolling out new Hotmail
- Amazing Exchange storage design... by Microsoft IT
- Part 2: more MS Exchange surprising storage secrets
- Don’t forget to update your LDAP filters to OPATH filters when transitioning from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010
- Exchange Unified Messaging Provisioning Scripts
- Antivirus Exclusions and Windows
- Exchange 2010 DAG and MaxQuorumLogSize cluster setting
- 3 into 4 can go…
- Updating a Extended property based on Group Membership Powershell GUI
- Exchange 2010 Personal Archive: End the PST Nightmare!
- Avoiding IP Reputation Problems with Redundant Mail Paths
- Eliminating Traditional Backups using native Exchange 2010 Functionality (Part 4)
- Video: Multi Mailbox Search in Exchange Server
- Reset Virtual Directory In Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta…
- Message Records Management (MRM) Changes In Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta…
- Outlook 2007 Certificate Prompts with Exchange 2003
- Exchange 2010 SP1 – Enable Personal Archive (Mailbox)
- Exchange 2010 SP1: Personal Archive (Mailbox) Quota
- How to Import PST files into Personal Archive Mailbox in Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta
- Exchange 2010 SP1 Automation Goodness
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 19:12
11 de junho de 2010
A Microsoft disponibilizou recentemente 2 ferramentas de desenvolvimento para Outlook, no modelo open source, que visam ajudar os programadores a tirar partido do formato .PST, que tem vindo a ser gradualmente aberto pela Microsoft.
- The PST Data Structure View Tool (http://pstviewtool.codeplex.com/) is a graphical tool allowing the developers to browse the internal data structures of a PST file. The primary goal of this tool is to assist people who are learning .pst format and help them to better understand the documentation.
- The PST File Format SDK (http://pstsdk.codeplex.com/) is a cross platform C++ library for reading .pst files that can be incorporated into solutions that run on top of the .pst file format. The capability to write data to .pst files is part of the roadmap will be added to the SDK.
- Microsoft Delivers on Interoperability Principles With Office Outlook
- Two open source projects to facilitate interoperability with Outlook .pst data files
- Announcing the PST File Format SDK
- Microsoft Offers Dev Tools for Outlook
- Microsoft does right by freeing Outlook archives
- [MS-PST]: Outlook Personal Folders File Format (.pst) Structure Specification
- PST Migration, Storage Performance, and Other Third-Party News from TechEd 2010
- Using Exchange features from .NET applications
- Backing up Exchange 2010 For Free
- How do you setup an Exchange 2010 Transport Rule to find number patterns like social security number?
- RBAC-Exchange 2010 Sp1 Beta – Scopes = EMC, EMS, and ECP (!)
- Exchange 2010 Sp1 Beta is available now, let’s have a first look
- Announcing the PST File Format SDK
- Enumerting the members of a nested group with ADSI and powershell
- Configuring Exchange Server 2010 Anti-Spam Settings for Individual Mailboxes
- Outlook Clients Unable to Connect to Exchange 2010 After Client Access Server Role Moved
- Exchange 2010 SP1: Change to how static ports are assigned on a CAS server
- Eseutil - Part 1: Database Technologies
- Exchange 2010 Role Based Access Control (Part 1)
- Themes Are Back In Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta…
- Delivery Reports In Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta Outlook Web App…
- Public Folder Permissions Added To Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta EMC…
- NGen (Native Image Generation) During Exchange 2007 SP2 Rollup Installation
- TechEd 2010 Unified Communications News Roundup
- Multi-Mailbox Search in Exchange Server 2010
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 18:30
10 de junho de 2010
Está disponível uma nova actualização para o filtro Junk E-mail do Outlook 2003/2007.
"This update provides the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook with a more current definition of which e-mail messages should be considered junk e-mail."
O documento Exchange Server Active Directory Schema Changes Reference, June 2010 está disponível para download.
This download includes the Active Directory Schema Reference, which provides information about the changes that Microsoft Exchange Server makes to the Active Directory schema when it is installed.
This download includes the Active Directory Schema Reference, which provides information about the changes that Microsoft Exchange Server makes to the Active Directory schema when it is installed. The Active Directory Schema Changes Reference includes changes made Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1, Exchange Server 2010, Exchange Server 2007 SP3, Exchange Server 2007 SP2, Exchange Server 2007 SP1, Exchange Server 2007, and Exchange Server 2003.
Só quem andou muito distraído, ou foi eventualmente raptado por extraterrestres, não reparou que o Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Beta foi disponibilizado. Algumas das novidades incluem melhorias no processo de archiving e discovery, Outlook Web App (OWA) mais rápido, funcionalidades de mobilidade actualizadas e diversas melhorias na consola de administração. Para saber mais detalhes, leiam Yes Virginia, there is an Exchange Server 2010 SP1.
The downloadable software is for evaluation purposes only and is not a released product. If you plan to install the software on your primary computer, it is recommended that you back up your existing data prior to installation. Before you install the Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Beta, we recommend that you review the summary of system requirements and technical information located in the Exchange Server 2010 Technical Documentation Library.
This time-limited, free pre-release version of Exchange Server 2010 SP1 will end 120 days after installation.
To learn more about Exchange Server 2010, visit http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/2010.
Entretanto, também os Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Beta UM Language Packs foram disponibilizados para download (YESSS!!!! Finalmente disponibilizaram o Language Pack pt-PT!).
Unified Messaging (UM) language packs allow an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Beta UM server to speak additional languages to callers and recognize other languages when callers use ASR or when voice messages are transcribed. UM language packs contain:
- Pre-recorded prompts, for example "After the tone, please record your message. When you’ve finished recording, hang up, or press the # key for more options." in the language of the UM language pack.
- Grammar files that are used by a UM server to lookup the names of given users in the directory in the language of the UM language pack.
- Text to Speech (TTS) translation so that content (e-mail, calendar, contact information, etc.) can be read to callers in the language of the UM language pack.
- Support for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), which allows callers to interact with UM using the voice user interface (VUI) in the language of the UM language pack.
- Support for Voice Mail Preview which allows users to read the transcript of voice mail messages in a specific language from within a supported e-mail client such as Outlook or Outlook Web Access.
Download the file, and use Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Beta setup to install the UM language pack.
Example: Setup.com /AddUmLanguagePack:UmLanguagePackName /s: d:\MyLocalFolder
A U-BTech disponibilizou uma ferramenta grátis que permite gerir os certificados do Exchange Server 2007: Certificate Manager for Exchange 2007.
Exchange 2007 enables SSL within IIS by default. Using PowerShell commands, certificate creation and management is quite confusing and often results with incorrect results due to the nature of the syntax. U-BTech Solutions is providing Certificate Manager for Exchange Server 2007 freely, to ease the process with a simple, easy to use GUI which enables you to:
1) Manage your current server certificates.
2) Enable certificates for Exchange 2007 Services (POP, IMAP, SMTP, IIS, UM).
3) Generate an Exchange 2007 Certificate Signing Request and process the Certificate Authority answer.
4) Generate an Exchange 2007 Self-Signed certificate (not for production use).
5) Easily include additional subject names in a single certificate.
6) Import & Export ability for existing certificates.
To read more about Certificate Use in Exchange 2007 at Microsoft TechNet follow the link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb851505.aspx
Certificate Manager for Exchange Server 2007 is currently offered by U-BTech Solutions free of charge, enjoy!
A edição de Junho 2010 da TechNet Magazine já está disponível para ser lida online.
Artigos em Destaque:
- Compliance Reporting: First Step in Controlling Client Cloud Access
- Cloud Computing: Where to Start When You Have Already Started
- Windows Azure: Getting to Know the Runtime Environment
- Desktop Image Management: Build a Better Desktop Image
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 11:59
8 de junho de 2010
- Exchange Server Tools
- Do You Know Who's Connecting to Your Exchange Servers?
- Outlook 2007: 10 top tips
- Securing Exchange 2010 with Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010, Part 5 – Putting it all together
- OpsMgr 2007 R2 by Example: the Exchange 2010 MP
- Use a Friendly FQDN when You Configure Communications Server 2007 R2 and Outlook Web App Integration
- Troubleshoot: Spam delivered to Inbox instead of Junk E-mail folder
- Troubleshoot: Exchange 2010 EMC shows DC errors
- Authentication Delay for sites Published through ISA server 2006 using Forms Based Authentication
- Unified Communications (Exchange, OCS) Load Balancer Information
- Using the contact card to learn who someone is
- 5 of The Worst Viruses of All Time
- More Exchange Data Protection – Beyond Replication
- Exchange 2007 Summary Script
- Exchange Daily Messaging Report
- Exchange proxyaddress display and removal powershell gui for Exchange 2003,2007,2010
- When I use the move-mailbox command will my Outlook clients need to recreate their .OST files?
- Using Cmdlet Extension Agents to cause automatic events to occur in Exchange 2010 - life just got simpler!
- Error “Object is Read Only” During Exchange Server 2007 Public Folder Database Removal
- Dealing With The First Exchange 2010 Mailbox Database…
- How To Block A Mailbox Database Copy From Activation…
- Archive Mailbox Improvements In Exchange 2010 SP1 Beta…
- Eliminating Traditional Backups using native Exchange 2010 Functionality (Part 3)
- Managing Inbox Rules in Exchange Server 2010
- VBscript to Tell the Last Time the OAB was Downloaded
- Using Dynamic Signatures in Exchange 2010
- Exchange 2007 Test-ReplicationHealth Shows False Warning for CCR Geo-Clusters
- Network port design and Exchange 2010 Database Availability Groups
- MySpace for Outlook
- Opening Outlook 2010 Email in a Web Browser
- Using the Outlook Hotmail Connector
- GAL Photos: Frequently Asked Questions
- Customizable Script In Exchange 2007 SP2 Rollup Installation
- Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Beta Now Available for Download
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 12:21