- Announcing Microsoft Office 2010 Beta
- How to Find Exchange Server 2007 and Build Information
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 review
- How to REALLY make import / export mailboxes on Exchange 2010 work
- Exchange 2010: And then there is the long awaited cmdlet Add-MailboxFolderPermission
- How do I enable Exchange 2010 MWI with Call Manager 7.x?
- Upload picture in Outlook 2010 using the Exchange Management Shell (Exchange 2010)
- Exchange Server 2010: Database Availability Group
- 5 Tips to Protect Yourself From Spam Scams (That Don’t Quite Work)
- Send Emails Easily Using Powershell v2 Cmdlet Send-MailMessage…
- Error While Deleting The Default Mailbox Database In Exchange 2010…
- Behind the Music: Exchange 2010 Demo at TechEd Europe 2009
- Oh little Move-Mailbox -ConfigurationOnly switch, we hardly knew ye
- Exchange Backup and Restore - Streaming and Volume Shadow Service (VSS) Techniques
- Uncovering the new Exchange 2010 Volume Snapshot (VSS) Plug-in (Part 2)
- Exchange Admin's Holiday Gift Guide 2009
- How to Manage Groups that I already own in Exchange 2010?
- Transitioning Client Access to Exchange Server 2010
- Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 has been released
27 de novembro de 2009
26 de novembro de 2009
Há algumas semanas atrás, a equipa de Exchange Server da Microsoft anunciou a disponibilização pública da ferramenta Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator. Agora já podemos começar a planear e a desenhar servidores de mailboxes Exchange Server 2010.
“With Exchange 2010 you can deploy a solution that leverages mailbox resiliency and has multiple database copies deployed across datacenters, implements single item recovery for data recovery, and has the flexibility in storage design to allow you to deploy on storage area networks utilizing fibre-channel or SATA class disks or on direct attached storage utilizing SAS or SATA class disks with or without RAID protection. But, in order to design your solution, you need to understand the following criteria:
- User profile - the message profile, the mailbox size, and the number of users
- High availability architecture - the number of database copies you plant to deploy, whether the solution will be site resilient, the desired number of mailbox servers
- Server's CPU platform
- Storage architecture - the disk capacity / type and storage solution
- Backup architecture - whether to use hardware or software VSS and the frequency of the backups, or leverage the Exchange native data protection features
- Network architecture - the utilization, throughput, and latency aspects
Previous versions of Exchange were somewhat rigid in terms of the choices you had in designing your mailbox server role. The flexibility in the architecture with Exchange 2010, allows you the freedom to design the solution to meet your needs.”
O post mencionado tem tudo o que é preciso saber sobre a utilização desta ferramenta. Para fazer o download da calculadora, basta seguirem este link.
Se no número anterior o destaque foi todo para o Windows 7, nesta edição o seu irmão mais velho, Windows Server 2008 R2, é rei.
Mas Novembro é também mês da nossa coluna favorita sobre Exchange Server Q&A: Exchange Queue & A -Transitions and Migrations.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 08:43
20 de novembro de 2009
- Unified Messaging (Voicemail) in Exchange 2010
- Understanding Shadow Redundancy in Exchange 2010
- Exchange 2010 RTM DAG using Server 2008 R2 – Part 4
- Introducing the Outlook Social Connector
- Review of Outlook Social Connector Provider Extensibility
- How do I disable these engine end-of-life notifications I am receiving from Antigen and Forefront?
- 11 Languages MUI out of the box
- Announcing the Outlook Social Connector
- Developing a provider for the Outlook Social Connector
- how to publish Exchange 2010 OWA behind ISA 2006 or TMG beta 3
- We Have Not Won The War On Spam
- OCS R2 Presence in Exchange 2010 OWA
- Understanding MailTips Architecture
- Bulk mailbox creation: Import passwords from a file
- Office 2010 Beta: Outlook 2010 Shines
- Finding Users Who Have “Out Of Office” Enabled In Exchange 2010…
- Uncovering the new Exchange 2010 Volume Snapshot (VSS) Plug-in (Part 1)
- Deploying Exchange Server 2007 and Office Communications Server 2007 R2 (Part 3)
- OCS Presence in Exchange 2010 in action
- Installation of OCS 2007 R2 Web Service Provider for Exchange 2010
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Web Service Provider
- How to Manage Groups that I already own in Exchange 2010?
- Installing Exchange 2010 Pre-requisites For Windows 2008 SP2…
- Script to install Exchange 2010 pre-requisites for Windows Server 2008 R2
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 20:10
Já está disponível para download o Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (KB971534).
Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2007 SP2 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2007 SP2 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB971534.
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 Release To Manufacturing (RTM) or Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1). For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2007 RTM or Exchange Server 2007 SP1, refer to the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
Para mais informações técnicas sobre os procedimentos de instalação, queiram por favor ler o seguinte tópico da Exchange Server 2007 Technical Documentation Library: How to Install the Latest Service Pack or Update Rollup for Exchange 2007.
19 de novembro de 2009
Muito, muito bom! É o que apetece dizer depois de ver estes novos Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Transport Server Role Architecture Diagrams:
- Hub Transport Server Role Architecture
- Hub Transport Extensibility
This download contains architectural diagrams that illustrate the Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Hub Transport server role and Hub Transport extensibility.
Many components are involved in the transport of messages through the Exchange Server 2010 mail flow pipeline. The Hub Transport server role diagram can help you understand the role each component plays in the processing of messages that enter the Exchange 2010 mail flow pipeline. Exchange administrators can use this information to help diagnose mail flow problems. The Hub Transport extensibility diagram can help you understand how the agents process a message that is in the Exchange 2010 mail flow pipeline. Developers can use this information to help create third-party agents and applications to work with Exchange 2010.
Está disponível para download uma versão actualizada do Forefront Security for Exchange Server 10.1 MP for OpsMgr 2007.
The Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Management Pack monitors Exchange Servers for virus and worm activity.
The Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 supports the 10.1 version of Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server with Service Pack 1. The MP supplies critical events and alerts on virus and worm activity to Operations Manager 2007, and also monitors the health and availability of these products.
The Management Pack for Forefront Security for Exchange Server 10.0 can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=147D908C-9DC4-4F90-81B2-EE0764300BE2&displaylang=en
Management Pack Release History:
11/29/2007 Original release of English version of Management Pack. Localized versions of this MP scheduled for release in December 2007.
18 de novembro de 2009
Agora que o Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server entrou em RTM, convém não esquecer de ler a respectiva documentação:
- Microsoft Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server Documentation - Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server (FPE) provides fast and effective detection of viruses, worms, spyware and spam by integrating multiple scanning engines from industry-leading security partners in a single solution. Its comprehensive messaging protection includes integration with Forefront Online Protection for Exchange for the defense-in-depth benefits of hosted and on-premise filtering and content filtering to prevent out-of-policy content from entering or leaving your network. The documents available in this download include information about FPE deployment, operations, technical reference, and troubleshooting. This information is also available in the Microsoft TechNet Library at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=111583.
Existe ainda uma série de recursos técnicos adicionais que podem ser bastante úteis:
Está disponível uma nova actualização para o filtro Junk E-mail do Outlook 2003/2007.
O download está disponível para as versões Outlook 2003 e Outlook 2007, ou através do Microsoft Update. Como é habitual, está acompanhado pelo respectivo artigo da Knowledge Base:
"This update provides the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook with a more current definition of which e-mail messages should be considered junk e-mail."
17 de novembro de 2009
As ferramentas de administração do Exchange Server 2007- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Management Tools (32-Bit) v685.25 – estão disponíveis para download.
Exchange Server 2007 is a native 64-bit application that includes 64-bit management tools. You can use the management tools to administer your Exchange Server environment remotely. If the remote computer is running a 32-bit operating system, you will need to download the 32-bit management tools.
The Exchange management tools include the Exchange Management Console, the Exchange Management Shell, the Exchange Help file, the Microsoft Exchange Best Practices Analyzer Tool, and the Exchange Troubleshooting Assistant Tool.
The new Exchange Management Console (formerly named Exchange System Manager) provides Exchange administrators with a graphical user interface (GUI) to manage the configuration of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 organizations. For more information about the improvements to the Exchange Management Console, see New Administration Functionality in the Exchange Management Console.
The Exchange Management Shell is a new Exchange-specific command-line interface based on Microsoft Windows PowerShell, formerly codenamed “Monad”. You can use the Exchange Management Shell to run a single command or a series of multiple commands for managing your Exchange Server 2007 servers and objects. For more information about the Exchange Management Shell, see Using the Exchange Management Shell.
Para os interessados em Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE), também conhecido como Forefront Online Security for Exchange (FOSE), ex-Exchange Hosted Filtering (EHF), os seguintes downloads contêm a mais recente informação técnica:
- Setup Checklists: Microsoft® Forefront Online Protection for Exchange and Exchange Hosted Archive 9.2 - Use the following setup checklists to help you set up the individual or combined services that you signed up for. You can choose from a combined setup checklist for both Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange and Microsoft Exchange Hosted Archive, or the checklists for each individual service.
- Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) 9.3 Product Documents – Product documents for FOPE 9.3 include the following: New Features Guide, Administration Center User Guide.
- New Features Guide: This 12-page guide provides up-to-date information about the latest features and changes for Microsoft® Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE), including new features of the Directory Synchronization Tool, new company filtering service settings, domain enhancements, and enhanced reporting features. You can use the information in this document to help prepare your messaging environment for updated services, and to communicate information to customers, partners, and employees.
- Administration Center User Guide: This guide provides in-depth information and instructions for using the Microsoft® Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) Administration Center, a Web-based tool that allows you to create reports and customize your e-mail filtering account services. It includes essential information for finding what you need in the Administration Center and using it to optimize your FOPE antispam, antivirus, filtering, user management, and reporting services, among others.
15 de novembro de 2009
- How to Achieve Optimal Availability for Microsoft Exchange
- Tony Redmond's Top 10 Things About Exchange 2010
- 12 Key Features of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Exchange 2010 Availability Announced at TechEd Europe
- What is the Mac experience with Exchange Online?
- Exchange 2010 RTM DAG using Server 2008 R2 – Part 3
- Using different versions of Microsoft Outlook for manager/delegate pairs
- The Total Economic Impact Of Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Email Protection in Forefront TMG 2010 Release Candidate
- Action Required by Dec. 1, 2009: Keep your Protections Current!
- Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server now available!
- Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server RTM Capacity Planning Guidance
- Best Practices for Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Announces Exchange Server 2010 Availability and Wave of Innovations at Tech•Ed Europe 2009
- E-Mail 'Biggest' Security Risk, Microsoft Says
- Installing Exchange Server 2010 pre-requisites on Windows Server 2008 R2
- What’s the ROI of Exchange 2010..?
- Importing a file of bad words and phrases into the Content Filter in Exchange Server 2010
- Overview of Exchange 2007 Cluster Continuous Replication
- Reporting on Outlook Anywhere users from the IIS logs using Powershell
- Changing what OutlookAnywhere proxy a pc is using remotely via a script
- WebDAV Dropped In Exchange 2010…
- Shadow Redundancy In Exchange 2010…
- Deploying Exchange Server 2007 and Office Communications Server 2007 R2 (Part 2)
- Exporting and Importing Mailboxes with Exchange Server 2010
- Exchange 2007 - Tracking and Analysing Large Mailbox Move Reports – using the ExchangeMoveMailboxTaskViewer Tool….
- Fix for 'The server name is invalid' error when installing Exchange 2007 Management Tools
- Exchange Server 2010 RTM Upgrade and Installation - Phase 3
- Speed up Outlook 2007 Access
- Exchange 2007 Will Run on Server 2008 R2 . . . Eventually
- Exchange Server 2010 is now available worldwide!
- Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator
- Announcing the Release of the Exchange Server 2010 Deployment Assistant
- New Content Available for Exchange 2010: Highlights
- Exchange anti-spam myths revealed
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 12:10
11 de novembro de 2009
O Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Language Pack Bundle v14.00.0680.000 está disponível para download. Tenham em atenção que este não é o Language Pack de Unified Messaging! Para melhor compreensão, deixo-vos aqui um pequeno excerto do TechNet, Exchange 2010 Language Support:
An Exchange 2010 language pack contains the necessary resources for a supported Exchange language. Language packs can be installed during installation of Exchange 2010 or after Exchange 2010 has been deployed. Client and server language packs come grouped into a single bundle containing both client and server resource and support files. You can automatically download the language packs when you're running Exchange Setup.
For organizations that have users in multiple languages, we recommend that you do the following:
- Install the language pack bundle to provide localized messages on all server roles. This will provide localized messages for Microsoft Office Outlook Web App and Exchange Control Panel. There are no performance issues with installing all the languages because they're just stored when not in use.
This download contains the most recently updated language packs for Exchange 2010. The language bundle includes all packs for all supported languages.
This download is available to customers who would like to install the most recent languages packs for Exchange 2010. This bundle does not include language packs for Unified Messaging.
A ferramenta Microsoft Exchange Server Inter-Organization Replication v06.05.7408 está disponível para download. Sabiam que esta funcionalidade é agora fornecida nativamente pelo Exchange Server 2010? (para mais informações leiam o TechNet ou assistam a esta webcast).
Replicate public folder and free and busy information between Exchange organizations.
Use the Inter-Organization Replication tool to replicate free and busy information and public folder content between Exchange organizations. The tool allows for the coordination of meeting, appointments, contacts, and public folder information between disjointed Exchange organizations. The tool consists of two programs: the Replication Configuration program (exscfg.exe), and the Replication service (exssrv.exe). The Replication Configuration program creates a configuration file for setting the replication frequency, logging options, folders to be replicated, and accounts to be used. The Replication service continuously updates information from one server (designated as the Publisher) to one or more Exchange servers (designated as Subscribers).
Note The Inter-Organization Replication tool allows for detailed management of intra-organizational content access and security for files transported outside of the Exchange organization's security layer.
10 de novembro de 2009
Um excelente documento que os administradores de TI devem manter por perto: Exchange Management Shell Quick Reference for Exchange 2010.
This download contains a quick reference sheet that can be used to access frequently used Exchange Management Shell cmdlets and syntax in Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
The Exchange Management Shell provides a powerful command-line interface for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 that enables automation of administrative tasks. This quick reference guide provides a list of frequently used cmdlets, important conventions, and useful tips. The information is presented by feature area, such as recipient, transport, and database administration. This quick reference guide applies to Exchange 2010.
Agora que o Exchange Server 2010 foi oficialmente lançado, o Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007 pode ser bastante útil na gestão e operação do melhor servidor de correio electrónico alguma vez disponibilizado pela Microsoft!
This management pack includes scripts and rules to effectively monitor Exchange 2010 and report on performance, availability, and reliability of its server roles.
The Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 management pack is designed to be used for monitoring Exchange 2010 events, collecting Exchange component-specific performance counters in one central location, and for raising alerts for operator intervention as necessary. By detecting, sending alerts, and automatically correlating critical events, this management pack helps indicate, correct, and prevent possible service outages or configuration problems, allowing you to proactively manage Exchange servers and identify issues before they become critical. The management pack monitors and provides alerts for automatic notification of events indicating service outages, performance degradation, and health monitoring.
Feature Summary The Exchange Server 2010 Management Pack includes rules and scripts to monitor and report on performance, availability, and reliability of all Exchange 2010 server roles including.
- Mailbox Server Role
- Client Access Server Role
- Hub Transport Server Role
- Edge Transport Server Role
- Unified Messaging Server Role
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 x64 editions; Windows Server 2008
- Other Software: System Center Operations Manager 2007 or later.
Tal como foi anunciado ontem no Tech•Ed Europe 2009, a versão final do Exchange Server 2010 já está disponível para o público em geral e pode ser descarregada a partir do site Microsoft Volume Licensing site.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 helps IT Professionals achieve new levels of reliability with greater flexibility, enhanced user experiences, and increased protection for business communications.
- Flexible and reliable - Exchange Server 2010 gives you the flexibility to tailor your deployment based on your company's unique needs and a simplified way to keep e-mail continuously available for your users.
- Anywhere access - Exchange Server 2010 helps your users get more done by giving them the freedom to securely access all their communications - e-mail, voice mail, instant messaging, and more - from virtually any platform, Web browser, or device.
- Protection and compliance - Exchange Server 2010 delivers integrated information loss prevention, and compliance tools aimed at helping you simplify the process of protecting your company's communications and meeting regulatory requirements.
9 de novembro de 2009
O Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007 v11.0.0324.00 está disponível para download.
The Management Pack for Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server monitors the availability, security, configuration and performance of an FPE deployment.
The Management Pack for Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server (FPE) allows you to discover FPE installations and components and to monitor them within System Center Operations Manager 2007. When there is an issue that may impact the availability, configuration, or security of your FPE deployment, Operations Manager uses the management pack to detect the issue, alert you to its existence, and facilitate diagnosis and corrective actions.
- Support for Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server (FPE)
- Discovery and monitoring of key FPE services
- Monitoring of product license status
- Monitoring of the availability and configuration of scan jobs
- Monitoring of scan engine and definition updates
- Diagnostic and recovery tasks related to engine updates and service recycling
- Performance views of message scanning rate across scan jobs
- Discovery and monitoring of FPE running with an Exchange CCR cluster
O Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1 v6.0.6741.0 está disponível para download.
This Management Pack includes an extensive set of monitoring including synthetic transactions to effectively monitor Exchange 2007 and report on performance, availability, and reliability of its server roles.
The Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 SP1 is designed to monitor Exchange 2007 key health indicators, collect Exchange component-specific performance counters in one central location, and raise alerts for operator intervention as necessary. By detecting, sending alerts, and automatically responding to critical events, this Management Pack helps indicate, correct, and prevent possible service outages or configuration problems, allowing you to proactively manage Exchange servers and identify issues before they become critical. The Management Pack monitors and provides alerts for automatic notification of events indicating service outages, performance degradation, health monitoring, and centralized management.
This Management Pack requires Operations Manager 2007 SP1 or later. Note that there is a separate Management Pack for Exchange 2007 monitoring for Operations Manager 2007 R2.
- A number of synthetic transactions ensure the Exchange servers are available and responding in a timely manner. The synthetic transactions are maintenance-mode aware, so that if the target of a transaction is in maintenance mode, the source will not run the transaction, and not alert unnecessarily.
- A significant number of rules and monitors that are not actionable or may be noisy are disabled. Note that many of these rules are still in the Management Pack so that you can enable them if necessary.
- Support for monitoring any number of Exchange organizations using a single Operations Manager 2007 management group.
- Full support for Microsoft clustered configurations. For more details, see the Management Pack Guide.
- Discovery of Exchange 2007 server roles is disabled by default, and no Exchange 2007 monitoring is applied by default. This allows you to discover and monitor your servers gradually, as well as tune the Management Pack as you bring more agent-managed Exchange 2007 servers into the Operations Manager environment.
- 11/7/2009 - Original release of English version, version 6.0.6741.0
6 de novembro de 2009
- Demystifying Microsoft in the Cloud
- Leapfrogging from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010
- Exchange 2010 RTM DAG using Server 2008 R2 – Part 2
- West Coast Launch Tour Follow Up
- Microsoft Expands Windows Support for Exchange Server 2007
- IP_V6 is a must if you are trying to install Exchange 2010
- Play Exchange 2010 Mailbox Items on Your Phone By Using the EWS Managed API
- OWA 2010 Premium in Firefox on a Linux machine (Ubuntu Desktop)
- VIDEO: Archive in Exchange 2010
- Uncovering the new RPC Client Access Service in Exchange 2010 (Part 2)
- How to Backup Exchange 2010 RTM at Release Timeframe
- How to Use a Recovery Database in Exchange 2010
- Programmatic Access via Remote PowerShell in Exchange Server 2010
- Supporting Exchange 2007 on Windows Server 2008 R2
- Lifetime Products and why they chose to move to Exchange 2010
- Learn about the Exchange 2010 Developer Story Today!
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 17:53
4 de novembro de 2009
As sessões de Exchange Server 2010 do lançamento virtual do Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 e do Exchange Server 2010 estão agora disponíveis no site the NEW efficiency.
Utilizem os links seguintes para irem directamente para uma das várias sessões disponíveis:
- Exchange Online
- Introducing Exchange Server 2010
- Addressing E-mail Archiving with Exchange Server
- Exchange 2010 Upgrade and Deployment
- Exchange 2010 High Availability
- Exchange Server 2010: Mobility and Exchange
- Introducing Outlook Web Apps in Exchange 2010
- Voice Mail with Unified Messaging in Exchange 2010
- Protection and Compliance with Exchange 2010
- Storage in Exchange Server 2010
- Management Tools in Exchange Server 2010
- Managing Exchange with System Center
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Booth in Expo Hall
2 de novembro de 2009
O documento Outlook 2007 Best Practices, escrito pelo Product Group do Microsoft Office Outlook, está disponível para download.
This article is intended to provide users of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 guidance on how to best use the product.
The purpose of this paper is to provide customers of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 guidance on how to best use the product. Created by the product team who created Outlook 2007, this guide represents our advice on how to get the most out of Outlook 2007. By no means comprehensive, it covers just a few core scenarios.
Why an Outlook "best practices" document?
We wrote this paper for the best possible reason: Our customers asked. We designed Outlook 2007 to be used by a wide audience with many work needs and styles. Although there's no one "right way," there are a few ways of working in the program that we know to be easier than others. We hope that by being aware of the best practices, you will have the best experience possible using Outlook.