- Active Directory 101 Do's and Don'ts
- How to Ensure Simpler Microsoft Exchange High Availability
- Exchange E-mail Addresses and the Outlook Address Cache
- Exchange: Recovery Storage Groups
- Missing Drafts folder in Outlook 2007: Found again with MFCMAPI
- Ahead of the Curve: Feed Outlook with News You Want
- Spammers To Target Job-Hunting, Networking Sites in 2009
- Can CAN-SPAM can spam?
- Exchange 2007 security
- EMS TitBit: Search/Find Email Addresses
- Summarize MailStore growth and whitespace by Storage Group and growth exception reporting
- Making Sense of the Messaging and Collaboration Market
- Getting started with Exchange 2007 Performance monitoring and Windows 2008
- Exchange: Find Disabled Accounts with Mailboxes Via PowerShell
- How to Reset Virtual Directories Exchange 2007
- Managing exchange certificates (Part 2)
- GroupWise to Exchange 2007 Migration - Common Q & A
- The Case of the Missing E-Mail Addresses Tab
- Exchange 14 and the Cloud
- Entourage, Meet Exchange Web Services: Entourage For Exchange Web Services is Live!
- Announcing the SP1 Release for System Center Data Protection Manager 2007
- Should You Virtualize Your Exchange 2007 SP1 Environment?
23 de janeiro de 2009
20 de janeiro de 2009
Está disponível uma nova actualização para o filtro Junk E-mail do Outlook 2003/2007.
O download está disponível para as versões Outlook 2003 e Outlook 2007, ou através do Microsoft Update. Como é habitual, está acompanhado pelo respectivo artigo da Knowledge Base:
"This update provides the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook with a more current definition of which e-mail messages should be considered junk e-mail."
19 de janeiro de 2009
Estou certo que, nesta altura, já todos terão lido sobre este video que faz o anúncio do Exchange 14, o nome de código da próxima versão do Microsoft Exchange Server. Mesmo assim, achei que devia blogar sobre o assunto :-)
“I recently had the opportunity to meet with KC Lemson and Jim Lucey to talk about Exchange 14. Jim talked in depth about Exchange Labs and how we use that to do large scalability testing of Exchange - we currently host 3.5 Million mailboxes on Exchange Labs. Jim also gives a brief demo of the user experience, showing how you have access to your mail and calendar via Outlook, the browser, or your mobile phone.
This video is the first in a series covering what's new in Exchange 14, check back over the coming months to see what else is new in the product.”
E não percam o post Exchange 14 Video no blog You Had Me At EHLO!
Microsoft Unified Communications Training and Adoption Kit Flash Cards é um conjunto de slides PowerPoint que contém truques e dicas de utilização da solução de Comunicações Unificadas da Microsoft.
This deck of tips and tricks flash cards can help you get things done. Each card provides step-by-step instructions for how to use your company’s unified communications software and technology.
A apresentação está dividida em 4 categorias:
- Instant Messaging
- Software-Powered Voice
Como complemento destes slides, podemos encontrar online alguns tutoriais dedicados ao mesmo tema: Unified Communications Tutorial.
17 de janeiro de 2009
- Top 10 Spam Stories of 2008
- Hate Microsoft Outlook? Top 10 annoyances and how to fix them
- How to Move the SMTP Queue in Exchange 2007
- Top 10 Microsoft Exchange Server tips of 2008
- Top 5 Outlook Web Access (OWA) tips of 2008
- Modifying AD accounts with Powershell after an Exchange 2003 dial-tone restore
- Transport Rules: Adding a disclaimer
- Bayesian spam filtering with Exchange Server 2007
- Managing whitelists and blocklists for Exchange Server environments
- Why you need Active Directory for Exchange Server 2007
- Exchange 14 Announced
- HOWTO: Sample Transport Agent – Add Headers, Categories, MAPI Props, Even Uses a Fork!
- EdgeSync, have a look at the synchronized data
- Managing Exchange Server 2007 Log Files (Part 1)
- Exchange Server 2007 SPAM filtering features without using Exchange Server 2007 Edge Server
- How to configure Helpdesk mailbox and delegate send behalf of rights to Distribution Group
- How to Export User mailboxes and its size into Excel spreadsheet
- Exchange 14 (Exchange Labs)
- Windows Live Hotmail to get POP3 access this year?
- Backing up Exchange 2007 on Windows 2008
- Exchange 2007 Mailbox Growth
- Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS) and Exchange - The Basics
- Living in Outlook: Making AutoCorrect Work for You
- Disabling POP3 and IMAP Monitoring for Exchange 2007
- 70,000% Increase In Beta Testing For Upcoming Microsoft Exchange Release
- Microsoft Taps Schools To Test Exchange 14
- 3.5 Million Already Testing Next Version Of Microsoft Exchange
- Au contraire: Exchange's lead over Notes actually 'getting bigger and bigger,' says Gartner
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 11:25
12 de janeiro de 2009
O tema principal desta edição tem a ver com o tratamento da informação, utilizando os produtos SharePoint, Excel, SQL Server e Dynamics CRM.
Para quem procura artigos relacionados com Exchange Server, não há muito por onde escolher. Há 2 colunas habituais que gostaria de recomendar: Windows PowerShell: Best Inventory Tool Ever! e Hey, Scripting Guy!: Browsing Active Directory.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 14:10
Neste momento estão disponíveis 6 vídeos:
- How Do I: Enable the Anti-spam Agent in a Single Server Exchange Server Environment?
- Use the Exchange Management Shell to manage Exchange 2007
- Enable the Anti-spam Agent in a single server
- Create new storage groups and mailbox databases
- Configure Exchange 2007 to accept multiple e-mail domains and associated e-mail address policies
- Install Exchange 2007 pre-requisites on Windows Server 2008
Se quiserem manter-se a par dos novos vídeos que vão sendo lançados todos os meses, subscrevam o Exchange videos RSS feed.
O Ross Smith IV anunciou no Microsoft Exchange Team Blog que a ferramenta Mailbox Server Role Storage Requirements Calculator foi actualizada para a versão 16.3.
De acordo com a página de updates no blog You Had Me At EHLO, estas são as correcções/melhorias:
- We added the calculated (or user defined) read/write ratio per mailbox tier into the Storage Requirements Results User Mailbox Configuration table.
- We added the server's calculated database read I/O percentage value into the Storage Requirements Results Disk Space & Performance Requirements table.
- Since the Recovery Point Objective input question only dealt with SCR, we moved that from the Log Replication section to the Standby Continuous Replication Configuration table.
- We added a new message profile, Extra Heavy. With this additional profile, we now have 5 available messaging profiles.
Para obter instruções detalhadas sobre a utilização da ferramenta, consultem Exchange 2007 Mailbox Server Role Storage Requirements Calculator.
9 de janeiro de 2009
- What is Exchange 2007's Last Log Resilience?
- Can I seed a cluster continuous replication passive copy from a backup?
- Missing Drafts folder in Outlook 2007
- Moving Exchange into the cloud with Exchange Online
- Exchange 2007 and Windows 2008: Offline Exchange Backup
- End of Life Extension for Sybari Antigen 8.0
- Living in Outlook: Effectively Tracking Conversations with Flags
- OWA authentication and its affect on OWA functionality
- How to set the msExchQueryBaseDN attribute for users via powershell
- Rollup Update Logging
- A Practical Look at Migrating From Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 (Part 1)
- Monitoring Exchange 2007 With System Center Operations Manager 2007 (Part 3)
- Applying Exchange Rollup Update to a cluster
- Unified Communications Tips and Tricks Flashcards for End-Users
- Using Windows Mobile Emulator 6.1 to test your Exchange deployment
- Testing Exchange Server Remote Connectivity the Easy Way
- Exchange Server 2003 Intelligent Message Filter update
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 19:27
8 de janeiro de 2009
"The update applies to the tools shipped with Exchange Server 2007 systems with Service Pack 1 applied. It is currently only available for English language servers at this time.
The following tools have received an updated set of rules:
1. Best Practices Analyzer
2. Disaster Recovery and Performance Troubleshooter
What is contained in the update?
The update contains mainly bug fixes for the above tools.
The BPA tool is also run automatically during setup and readiness checks. We have updated the prerequisites XML file for setup. So any Exchange setup launched on a machine connected to the Internet will download the updated prerequisites file to check for the correct prerequisites."
3 de janeiro de 2009
- Why isn't virtualization supported for the Exchange Server 2007 Unified Messaging (UM) server role?
- Disable Outlook's address-autocomplete feature
- Exchange Web Services Push Notifications Simplified
- Part 11 - I used to do it this way… Now how do I do it? Administering Exchange 2003 vs. Exchange 2007
- Exchange Server Acronyms
- Exchange Free / Busy
- Exchange 2007 Toolbox Shortcuts
- Troubleshooting Outlook Web Access Logon Failures in Exchange Server 2007
- I am not in the office at the moment...
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 11:53