- Managing Exchange 2007 Recipients using the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC Snap-in
- Moving from a Linux Mail Server and peer-to-peer network to Exchange Server 2007 (Part 4)
- Microsoft Live@edu Delivers Exchange Labs to Students at No Cost
- Microsoft Rolls Exchange Labs Into Live@edu
- ICANN Takes Action Against Spam Havens
- Troubleshooting top Exchange 2007 SP1 SCR issues
- Benefits of using Microsoft OCS with Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging
- Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008
- Exchange TechCenter got a face lift
- Application scalability
- While you were out: Scheduling meetings and OOFs
- Distribution List Not Getting Mails From Outside - NDR 5.1.1
- Exchange 2007 Database Portability
- Move Committed Exchange Transaction Logs
- FAQ: Find all users with Forwarding Address is set
- ISA Delegation breaks OAB downloads
- Exchange 2007 and the autodiscover mistery - part 2
- Collapsing the Ribbon
- Two Minute Drill: Find /3GB without using boot.ini
- Exchange 2007 requires internet access when updating the server
30 de maio de 2008
A Microsoft disponibilizou o update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (KB950219) que introduz melhorias de compatibilidade com o formato Internet calendaring (iCalendar) e com servidores IMAP em geral.
This update extends Outlook 2007’s support for the iCalendar standards. The update also improves Outlook 2007’s compatibility with some IMAP e-mail servers.
This update adds support for the following iCalendar features:
- Propose New Time for iCalendar Meetings: Users can now respond to a meeting invitation received in iCalendar format with a proposal for a new meeting time.
- Extended Yearly Recurrence: Supports recurrence patterns for appointments or meetings that recur every N years, where N is greater than or equal to 1.
This update also includes miscellaneous improvements to IMAP compatibility.
Aqui fica o link para o correspondente artigo da Knowledge Base: An update is available for Outlook 2007 that improves Internet Calendar functionality and improves compatibility with IMAP servers.
29 de maio de 2008
A Microsoft disponibilizou uma versão actualizada (v6.0.4011.0) da ferramenta Exchange Server Error Code Look-up.
Use the Error Code Lookup tool to determine error values from decimal and hexadecimal error codes in Microsoft Windows® operating systems. The tool can look up one or more values at a time. All values on the command line will be looked up in Exchange’s internal tables and presented to you. If available, informational data associated with the value or values will also be shown.
Aqui ficam 2 exemplos do output desta ferramenta:
# for hex 0x8004010f / decimal -2147221233 :
# 5 matches found for "0x8004010f"
# for decimal -528 / hex 0xfffffdf0 :
# /* Current log file missing */
# 1 matches found for "-528"
O site TechRepublic tem um excelente artigo sobre esta matéria: Quickly identify problems using the Exchange Error Code Look-up tool.
Informação tirado do blog da Eileen Brown:
TechNet Webcast: Forefront Security for Exchange Deployment Best Practices (Level 300)
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM Pacific Time
Mike Chan, Senior Product Manager, Microsoft Corporation
MSDN Webcast: Building Asynchronous Contextual Collaboration with Exchange Web Services (Level 300)
Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Chris Mayo, Technical Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation
Momentum Webcast: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Mailbox Role Memory Characterization Using HP BladeSystem (Level 200)
Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Pacific Time
Stuart Ladd, System Engineer, HP
MSDN Webcast: Behind the Scenes with Communications Server 2007, Communicator 2007, and Exchange Server 2007 (Level 300)
Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Chris Mayo, Technical Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 08:35
28 de maio de 2008
A Microsoft disponibilizou algumas demos de Outlook 2007. Passados estes meses desde que comecei a utilizar o Outlook 2007, ainda há tanto para aprender!
- Work with SharePoint calendars: Multiple calendars giving you multiple headaches? Stop juggling back and forth and start seeing your calendars all together — in Outlook 2007. When you link your calendar from a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site to Outlook 2007, you can view and work with the SharePoint calendar right alongside your Outlook calendar. When you make changes in one calendar, the two calendars are synchronized automatically. You can overlay the calendars to make viewing your complete schedule even easier. You can download the demo here any time you like.
- Stay on top of things with Outlook flags: Don't play catch-up — let Outlook flags help you keep up. Flags are colorful reminders for items you need to follow up on, whether tasks, messages, or contacts. Outlook 2007 offers several options for setting flags to complement the way you work. Flags can give you pop-up reminders and they also appear in the To-Do Bar, where you can easily see what actions you need to take each day. The demo shows you how to get started using flags and stay on top of your job. You can download the demo here any time you like.
- Add creativity to your e-mail: You can make your e-mail messages stand out with a few touches from the tools in Outlook 2007. Go from plain white to exciting with eye-catching features like page colors and textures, shading styles, and shapes. You can apply WordArt styles like shadows or 3-D, as well as highlighting and font colors. While you experiment with various graphic effects, you'll see instant previews of your choices in the e-mail message. Watch the demo for quick tips on adding fresh looks to your e-mail! You can download the demo here any time you like.
- 3 ways to share your Outlook Calendar with others: Sharing calendars can make it easier to collaborate with people both inside and outside your company. This demo shows you three ways that Outlook 2007 offers for sharing your calendar. If your company uses Microsoft Exchange Server, you can share your calendar within the organization by using that feature. You can also send a snapshot of your calendar in e-mail to people outside your company. And you can publish your calendar on the Microsoft Office Online Web site and restrict how much detail is shown and who can access it. You can download the demo here any time you like.
- Take inches off your workspace with the updated Navigation Pane: Are you using the Outlook 2007 Navigation Pane as your communications launching pad — where you can get to your most important folders and views with just a click or two? This demo shows you how to change the size of the pane to free up more space, customize the buttons and icons so you see what you want first, and arrange the folders for your convenience. You'll also see how easily you can change the organization whenever you want. Watch the demo and see how to make the Navigation Pane work better for you. You can download the demo here any time you like.
A Microsoft está verdadeiramente empenhada na promoção dos seus serviços online.
O Microsoft Online Migration Toolkit é composto por alguns materiais que pretendem auxiliar o planeamento da migração de uma infra-estrutura Exchange Server para os serviços Exchange Online. O toolkit inlcui vários documentos, tais como: project plan, communication plan, tracking spreadsheet, procedures, e-mail templates, Known Issues e FAQ.
Aqui fica um excerto do Migration Project Checklist:
- Identify migration project manager.
- Build migration project team.
- Build migration Support team.
- Develop migration project plan.
- Develop migration procedures.
- Develop migration communication plan.
- Develop migration tracking process.
- Configure Microsoft® Online for your organization.
- Establish e-mail coexistence.
- Establish directory synchronization.
- Validate your migration plan and procedures.
- Qualify people for migration.
- Identify and track people to be migrated.
- Users perform Before Migration procedures.
- Activate the Microsoft Online accounts.
- Migrate mailbox content.
- Perform post migration validation.
- Send Welcome communication.
- Users perform After Migration procedures.
- Users complete post-migration survey.
- Delete local Microsoft Exchange Server mailboxes.
- Enable incoming e-mail.
A Microsoft espera que metade das mailboxes de Exchange migrem para um modelo hosted durante os póximos 5 anos.
25 de maio de 2008
- Microsoft's Push for Exchange Online
- Fast Guide: How to improve Outlook Web Access security
- Why Exchange ActiveSync fails with NAT firewalls
- Despite Challenges, Microsoft Expects Broad Adoption Of Online Software Services
- Microsoft: Half of Exchange inboxes to be Microsoft-hosted in five years
- Essential PowerShell: Use non-portable console customizations sparingly
- Set Client Permissions on Public Folders to Universal Groups in Exchange 2007
- Version Store issues revisited - Event ID 623 at Information Store service startup
- Exchange 2007 Mailbox Data Orientation…
- Managing Exchange 2003 with SCOM 2007 (Part 1)
- Clustered Continuous Replication Failover with Standby Continuous Replication (Part 3)
- Removing internal host names and IP addresses from message headers
- ISA Server 2006 Service Pack 1 Features
- Exchange Developer Roadmap
- Simple and effective PowerShell scripts for Exchange
- Sent To or Received From
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Exchange 2007 SP1 and Server 2008 information
- New clustering documents: AD, HyperV, Core and more!
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 08:24
23 de maio de 2008
A Slipstick Systems foi fundada em 1994 pela Sue Mosher, MVP de Outlook, e é hoje gerido pela Diane Poremsky, também MVP de Outlook.
Em 1996 decidiram criar a Exchange Messaging Outlook (EMO) newsletter, dedicada ao Microsoft Exchange Server. Esta newsletter pode ser subscrita na página principal do site, mas o mais interssante é que todos os números anteriores podem ser consultados desde a primeira edição (Abril, 1996).
Sabem quais eram os destaques em Agosto de 1996?
- Where has Sue been?
- Windows NT 4.0 released
- Exchange Service Pack 2 released*
- Exchange Deployment Conference
- Technet tools for Exchange
- The Boldon James Microsoft Exchange Client Auto Correlator
- Address export client extension
- Exchange on the Digital Bookshelf
- Internet Mail (and News) and Exchange
*Estamos a falar de um SP para o Exchange 4.5!!!
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 11:28
21 de maio de 2008
Conhecem o Scriptomatic, a ferramenta que escreve scripts de WMI? É que existe uma nova versão da mesma, Windows PowerShell Scriptomatic, que tem as mesmas funcionalidades, mas em que o resultado são scripts de PowerShell.
Agora já podem utilizar mais frequentemente o WMI para gerir o Exchange Server.
A new utility that writes Windows PowerShell scripts that harness the power of WMI (Windows Instrumentation Management) for use in system management and administration. This tool was created by Microsoft consultant and author Ed Wilson.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP
- Requires Windows PowerShell 1.0 or later to run the scripts created by the Scriptomatic.
16 de maio de 2008
- Web Based Services from Microsoft - Exchange Online & SharePoint Online: How better is this compared to third party solution?
- Email archiving and e-discovery best practices for Microsoft Exchange
- Secure Edge Transport servers using the Security Configuration Wizard
- Exchange 2007 SP1 Continuous Replication Disaster Recovery Decisions flowcharts
- New maximum database cache size guidance for Exchange 2007 Hub Transport Server role
- A study of Exchange 2007 SP1 Hub throughput with different message sizes
- Is Self-Hosted Antispam Obsolete?
- Upgrading the Exchange 2007 Default E-Mail Address Policy - REVISTED…
- Moving from a Linux Mail Server and peer-to-peer network to Exchange Server 2007 (Part 3)
- GroupWise to Exchange 2007 - Interoperability and Migration (Part 5)
- Exchange 2007 Message Tracking
- A certificate roundup
- Cutting Spam Down to a Manageable Level
- Clustering on Exchange Server
- Outlook Profile Redirection
- Step by Step: ExMerge and Exchange 2007
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 20:29
A Microsoft disponibilizou a versão 3 do documento Quick Reference for Outlook Voice Access.
This download contains a quick reference sheet that can be used when navigating the menu system found in Outlook Voice Access.
Outlook Voice Access lets UM-enabled users to access their Exchange 2007 mailbox using analog, digital, or cellular telephones. By using the menu system found in Outlook Voice Access, UM-enabled users can read e-mail, listen to voice messages, and interact with their Outlook calendar. This quick reference sheet shows the navigational tree and the options that are available to UM-enabled users when they are using Outlook Voice Access.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 09:39
13 de maio de 2008
Este número é inteiramente dedicado à segurança.
Para quem o interesse são sobretudo artigos relacionados com o Exchange Server, posso recomendar apenas estes 2:
- Secure E-Mail Using Digital Certificates - Secure Multi-Purpose Internet Mail Extensions let you hide information in transit, validate senders, and authenticate messages. Learn how to secure e-mail using digital certificates and how to troubleshoot problems you may encounter on your S/MIME system. Matt Clapham and Blake Hutchinson
- Looking Good - Discover how the object-oriented nature of Windows PowerShell allows you to apply formatting to its output. Don Jones
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 20:17
Está disponível uma nova actualização para o filtro Junk E-mail do Outlook 2003/2007.
O download está disponível para as versões Outlook 2003 e Outlook 2007, ou através do Microsoft Update. Como é habitual, está acompanhado pelo respectivo artigo da Knowledge Base:
"This update provides the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook with a more current definition of which e-mail messages should be considered junk e-mail."
12 de maio de 2008
Aqui ficam os respectivos links. Como bónus, incluí também os slides da conferência anterior.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 08:48
9 de maio de 2008
- How to set the default client language to be used in Outlook Web Access
- Distribution groups marked as "UserMailbox" in ESM
- How to use Exchange 2007 Powershell Scripts in a normal Console
- Clustered Continuous Replication Failover with Standby Continuous Replication (Part 2)
- Deploying an Exchange 2007 SP1 CCR Cluster on a Windows Server 2008 Failover Cluster Part 3: Installing Exchange 2007 SP1 and Verifying CMS Functionality
- Building Exchange Server 2007 labs/demos often? This is for you!
- Learn more about Exchange 2007 Client Throttling
- "F" Is for Forensic: Exchange Server Investigations
- Exchange 2000, 2003 to Exchange 2007 Orientation for admins…
- Windows 2008, IIS 7, the Exchange 2007 CAS and IISADMPWD…
- Creating a Contact with Exchange Web Services from Powershell
- HOW TO: Remove Public Folders
- Exchange 2007 Edge Transport Agents
- Diskpart and Windows 2008
- Spam More Creative, Better Targeted
- Data file checks and you
- ISA 2006 and SAN/UC Certificates
- Other Certificate Limitations with Exchange/OCS/WM
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 19:38
Hoje é dia de "Leitura de fim-de-semana", mas para aperitivo gostaria de recomendar estes 2 novos white papers de Exchange:
- Understanding Client Throttling: RPC Client Throttling is a new feature in Exchange Server 2007. It helps to prevent client applications from affecting overall server performance, allowing administrators to better manage the end-user performance experience
- White Paper: Outlook Anywhere Scalability with Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, and Exchange 2007: This white paper provides an analysis of the scalability of the Outlook Anywhere feature for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, and Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, and an analysis of expected client network traffic between enterprise e-mail clients and Exchange Server 2007 SP1 in non-Outlook Anywhere scenarios.
Para uma lista mais detalhada dos novos conteúdos técnicos de Exchange, leiam este post no blog You Had Me At EHLO: Exchange Server Documentation Updates - May 2008.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 12:05
8 de maio de 2008
O Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB948016) está disponível para download.
Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2007 SP1 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2007 SP1 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB948016.
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 Release To Manufacturing (RTM). For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2007 RTM, refer to the section Update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 RTM in the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
This is a cumulative update rollup and replaces the following:
- KB945684 Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB945684)
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86); Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 x64 Edition; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Exchange Server 2007 SP1 must be installed prior to installing this update rollup.
- This update rollup cannot be installed if you are using Exchange Server 2007 RTM.
- Any Interim Updates for Exchange Server 2007 must be uninstalled prior to installing this update rollup.
- 32-bit editions of Windows Server 2003 with SP2, Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista and Windows XP with SP2 are only supported for Exchange Server 2007 management tools.
Embora o Exchange Server 2007 só seja suportado em plataformas de 64 bit, isso não quer dizer que não possa ser gerido a partir de sistemas operativos de 32 bit (incluindo Vista!). Para tal, é apenas necessário utilizar as Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Management Tools (32-Bit), que foram recentemente actualizadas para a versão 685.25.
Exchange Server 2007 is a native 64-bit application that includes 64-bit management tools. You can use the management tools to administer your Exchange Server environment remotely. If the remote computer is running a 32-bit operating system, you will need to download the 32-bit management tools.
The Exchange management tools include the Exchange Management Console, the Exchange Management Shell, the Exchange Help file, the Microsoft Exchange Best Practices Analyzer Tool, and the Exchange Troubleshooting Assistant Tool.
The new Exchange Management Console (formerly named Exchange System Manager) provides Exchange administrators with a graphical user interface (GUI) to manage the configuration of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 organizations. For more information about the improvements to the Exchange Management Console, see New Administration Functionality in the Exchange Management Console.
The Exchange Management Shell is a new Exchange-specific command-line interface based on Microsoft Windows PowerShell, formerly codenamed “Monad”. You can use the Exchange Management Shell to run a single command or a series of multiple commands for managing your Exchange Server 2007 servers and objects. For more information about the Exchange Management Shell, see Using the Exchange Management Shell.
6 de maio de 2008
Recentemente tomei 2 importantes decisões no que respeita ao meu ambiente de testes:
- Mover todas as VMs para Hyper-V;
- Instalar o Exchange 2007 SP1.
A transição para Hyper-V é relativamente simples:
- Remover as VM Additions;
- Criar uma nova VM em Hyper-V VM, utilizando o VHD prévio.
Os problemas começaram quando iniciei a instalação do Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1. Ao lançar o Setup, e após a verificação dos pré-requisitos, recebi um aviso que deveria primeiro instalar o .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 (como pude esquecer-me das minhas próprias recomendações?), pelo que interrompi o processo.
Instalado o referido update, retomei o setup, mas desta vez fui presenteado com o seguinte erro:
Setup previously failed while performing the action "install". You cannot resume setup by performing the action "BuildtoBuildUpgrade"
O artigo KB947281 da Knowledge Base da Microsoft descreve este problema e apresenta uma solução. Infelizmente, o artigo está um pouco incompleto. A solução descrita passa por apagar os valores Watermark e Action que poderão estar numa destas chaves de Registry:
No meu caso particular, para ultrapassar a situação, os valores Watermark e Action encontravam-se na chave HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\v8.0\UnifiedMessagingRole.
A solução completa deverá ser, portanto, a remoção dos valores Watermark e Action, que poderão estar em qualquer uma destas chaves:
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 12:51
5 de maio de 2008
Está disponível para download o Visio - Exchange Server Connector.
This Microsoft Office Visio 2007 Connector is an add-in for Microsoft Office Visio 2007 that you can use to diagram a Microsoft Exchange Server site topology, including sites, servers, and connections for an organization.
Although Exchange Management are invaluable tools for managing, monitoring and administer networks, computers, services, and other system components. It does not provide a graphical view of user mailbox details. The administrator has to sift through a tree view and use embedded data to figure out the details
Microsoft Management Console (MMC) hosts administrative tools that you can use to administer networks, computers, services, and other system components. Exchange Management Console and Exchange Management Shell are used to administer and configure specific settings for Mailbox servers and create and manage Mailbox objects.
The Mailbox server role hosts mailbox databases, which contain users' mailboxes. If you plan to host user mailboxes or public folders, or both, the Mailbox server role is required.
Administrators have to sift through a tree view to view the members of the Distribution group in an organization unit.
The Microsoft Office Visio 2007 Connector makes it easy for Exchange administrators to visualize, explore, and communicate complex information. Instead of viewing single user data at a time, administrators can create data-connected Visio diagrams that display data at a glance and dramatically increase productivity.
The Microsoft Office Visio 2007 Connector is an add-in for Microsoft Office Visio 2007 that you can use to diagram a Microsoft Exchange Server site topology, including sites, servers, and connections for an organization.
3 de maio de 2008
- How to customize OWA in Exchange Server 2007
- Top 10 Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 registry hacks
- What is Windows Server 2008's impact on an Exchange 2007 migration?
- How to Use Microsoft Exchange Custom Weighting to Block More UCE
- Google Trends - Lotus Domno v Microsoft Exchange some thoughts
- Taming the email monster - Microsoft Outlook best practices
- Exchange 2007 SP1 SCC using Server 2008 StarWind iSCSI - Part 4
- Exchange ESE, Failed Backups, the Checkpoint Depth, and You
- Clean Up That Store And Shrink It Too!
- Getting the most out of Antigen’s Anti-Spam features
- Help – I tried to send a giant attachment and it’s stuck in the Outbox!
- The biggest file I've ever seen - 3Tb PUB.EDB
- Configuring Receive Connector Permissions using ADSI Edit
- Troubleshooting OWA 2007 Publishing Rules on ISA Server 2006
- A DPM roundup
- Edge Transport server transport agents - List of agent names, priority and its SMTP events
- Moving from a Linux Mail Server and peer-to-peer network to Exchange Server 2007 (Part 2)
- Continuous Backup for Exchange Server with DPM 2007 (Part 4)
- Exchange 2003, Exchange 2007 CAS servers, Enterprise Vault and Constrained Delegation…
- Moving an existing CCR Database to a new location…
- Meet the Exchange team!
- Troubleshooting Outlook RPC dialog boxes - revisited
- Exchange Server Virtualization: Microsoft's Support
- Exchange Server Virtualization: Hyper-V Possibilities
- Exchange Server Virtualization: Good Virtualization Candidates
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 12:22