- Windows 2003 to 2008 with Exchange SP1
- Managing Local Continuous Replication in Exchange 2007
- VMware Sets Capacity Record Running Microsoft Exchange on IBM System x3850 M2 Servers
- Congress Probes Case Of The Missing White House E-mails
- A few favorite Microsoft Exchange Server blogs
- Manage Exchange 2007 public folders from Exchange Management Console
- Exchange 2007 Update Rollup Confusion
- Q&A 1: Searching Offline Archives
- Q&A 2: Showing Tasks from PSTs in the To-Do Bar
- Using Exchange Management Shell to define Resource Delegates
- Changing the way Outlook displays it's address book columns.
- Combining multiple Exchange Management Shell powershell cmdlets and maintaining the Pipeline
- GroupWise to Exchange 2007 - Interoperability and Migration (Part 2)
- Moving from a Linux Mail Server and peer-to-peer network to Exchange Server 2007 (Part 1)
- Suggested Hub Transport Hardware Config for Exchange 2007 Installations of 5000 users….
29 de fevereiro de 2008
Depois da disponibilização do Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2007 RTM, a Microsoft lançou finalmente o Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1.
Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2007 SP1 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2007 SP1 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB945684.
This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 Release To Manufacturing (RTM). For a list of update rollups applicable to Exchange Server 2007 RTM, refer to the section Update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 RTM in the Knowledge Base article KB937052.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86); Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 x64 Edition; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Exchange Server 2007 SP1 must be installed prior to installing this update rollup.
- This update rollup cannot be installed if you are using Exchange Server 2007 RTM.
- Any Interim Updates for Exchange Server 2007 must be uninstalled prior to installing this update rollup.
- 32-bit editions of Windows Server 2003 with SP2, Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista and Windows XP with SP2 are only supported for Exchange Server 2007 management tools.
26 de fevereiro de 2008
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and System Center é uma datasheet técnica que descreve os principais benefícios da utilização da família de produtos System Center para gerir o Exchange Server 2007.
Managing, deploying, and protecting Exchange Server 2007 with System Center
Read this datasheet and find out how System Center benefits planning for, deployment of, and management of Exchange Server 2007.
Using System Center products with Exchange Server 2007 improves the operation of your computing environment and improves your business workflow. Read this datasheet and find out how System Center Operations Manager 2007, Configuration Manager 2007, Data Protection Manager 2007, and Capacity Planner can benefit planning for, deployment of, and management of Exchange Server 2007.
A tabela seguinte foi tirada desta datasheet (clique na imagem para uma versão maior):
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 08:45
24 de fevereiro de 2008
Há algum tempo atrás eu escrevi um post sobre a minha experiência de utilização do Transporter Suite na migração de Lotus Notes para Exchange Server 2007.
Nesse post eu mencionava que tinha tido alguns problemas na fase de migração de utilizadores e que por isso tinha feito um script em VBScript para realizar essa tarefa.
# The script below provides the same functionality as move-dominoUser but does not enable
# the email address policy generator [RUS]. The default behavior of move-dominoUser is to
# mailbox enable the user object, apply email address policy as primary addresses and
# then add email addresses from contacts as secondary email addresses. If you intend to
# persist contact email addresses as primary email addresses of the mailbox enabled user,
# then this script is for you.
O script de PowerShell está disponível neste link.
22 de fevereiro de 2008
- Exchange 2007 CALs – Why everyone needs Standard CALs
- Microsoft turns Server 2008 RTM into Server 2008 SP1
- Trio of e-mail vendors upgrade Exchange alternatives
- Windows Server 2008 potholes snag Exchange, in-place upgrades
- Microsoft Exchange 2007- Error There is a Problem with the Proxy Servers Security Certificate. Outlook Client Can Not Connect to an Exchange 2007 Server
- Palm Smacks RIM
- The New Keyword Filter Example Lists
- Exchange 2003 / 2007 Address List Segregation Document - Updates!!
- Exchange 2003 Address List Segregation Document
- How to forward mail to an external email address
- Deploying an Exchange 2007 SP1 CCR Cluster on a Windows Server 2008 Failover Cluster Part 1: Prerequisites & Configuring the failover cluster nodes
- Getting Mailbox Statistics in Exchange 2007
- VMWARE Server - Installing Exchange 2007 SP 1 Using CCR on Windows 2008 RTM - Part 1…
- OOM.NET: Part 3 - Back to the Basics, MSDN Must Reads
- Single-label Domain Names and Exchange Server 2007 SP1 (Part Deux)
- Exchange-related email signatures
- Windows 2008 - NT Backup -Exchange 2007
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 20:06
Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2007 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2007 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2007 customers.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see KB942846.
This is a cumulative update rollup and replaces the following:
- KB930809 Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 (KB930809)
- KB935490 Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 (KB935490)
- KB935999 Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007 (KB935999)
- KB940006 Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2007 (KB940006)
- KB941421 Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2007 (KB941421)
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86); Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2003 x64 editions; Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Exchange Server 2007 must be installed prior to installing this update rollup.
- Any Interim Updates for Exchange Server 2007 must be uninstalled prior to installing this update rollup.
- 32-bit editions of Windows Server 2003 SP1, Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Server 2003 R2, and Windows XP SP2 are only supported for Exchange Server 2007 management tools.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 09:37
21 de fevereiro de 2008
Para quem está a pensar implementar um mecanismo destes, há boas notícias: a Microsoft acaba de disponibilizar o documento técnico Synchronizing a Global Address List in an Exchange 2007 Environment.
ILM 2007 FP1 provides a solution to synchronize the global address list (GAL) between two Active Directory forests in a Microsoft® Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1(SP1) infrastructure. The goal of a GAL synchronization solution is to synchronize users, groups, and contacts from one forest with contact objects to another forest.
What This Document Covers
This document outlines the necessary steps to implement a simple GAL synchronization solution between two forests in an Exchange 2007 environment. This document guides you to:
- Populate the initial Active Directory and Exchange 2007 SP1 infrastructures for both forests using scripts provided in the Appendix.
- Assign the necessary permissions to the accounts used in the management agents for GAL synchronization,
- Configure ILM 2007 FP1 to perform GAL synchronization between the two forests.
- Verify that the contacts have successfully synchronized between the two forests.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 10:51
18 de fevereiro de 2008
15 de fevereiro de 2008
- Client to Server Secure SMTP Connectivity in Exchange Server 2007
- Which PDAs are Most Compatible with Microsoft Exchange?
- iPhone slays Windows geek -- but which device rules the enterprise?
- Fix for Forefront Update Timeout Errors
- Exchange 2007 UM Language Support: What's included?
- Lost a mailbox, even with Mailbox Deleted Retention Time? Don't worry :-)
- Microsoft and Cbeyond Launch New E-Mail Service for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
- Managing Automatic Meeting Responses
- What's new when Installing Ex2007SP1 CCR on a WS08 Cluster
- Exchange Server 2007 SP1: The most obscure (but relevant) changes
- Version 4 of the Mailbox Size Gui and using Quotas in Mailbox Size Reports
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 Search Basics
- Recovering an Exchange 2007 Clustered Mailbox Server (CMS) using the RecoverCMS Switch (Part 1)
- Continuous Backup for Exchange Server with DPM 2007 (Part 1)
- Comparing Exchange with Open Source mail systems
- Improve Exchange 2007 MC Performance - Use Windows XP
- Single Instance Storage in Exchange 2007
- Configuration tips and common troubleshooting steps for multiple forest deployment of Autodiscover service
- Exchange Server 2007 now with SP1 Questions and Answers (02-05-08)
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 19:02
Está disponível uma nova versão (v08.01.0240.006) da ActiveSync Web Administration Tool, para utilização com o Exchange Server 2003 SP2.
The Exchange Server ActiveSync Web Administration tool is designed for administrators who want to manage the process of remotely erasing lost, stolen, or otherwise compromised mobile devices.
The Microsoft Exchange Server ActiveSync Web Administration tool enables administrators to manage the process of remotely erasing lost, stolen, or otherwise compromised mobile devices.
By using the Exchange Server ActiveSync Web Administration Web tool, administrators can perform the following actions:
- View a list of all devices that are being used by any enterprise user
- Select/De-select devices to be remotely erased
- View the status of pending remote erase requests for each device
- View a transaction log that indicates which administrators have issued remote erase commands, in addition to the devices those commands pertained to
The Microsoft Exchange Server ActiveSync Web Administration Tool is designed for use With Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 and compatible mobile devices.
9 de fevereiro de 2008
- Business Email System Penetration Varies Greatly by Customer Size, Industry and More, says Ferris Research
- Google Debuts E-mail Security Services For Business
- Retailer takes Microsoft Exchange virtual
- Zimbra most likely casualty of Microsoft-Yahoo combo
- Hardening Exchange Server 2007 - Part 3: Securing Email Client Access
- Recovering Exchange 2007 using the RecoverServer Switch
- Generating Active Directory Accounts using the mailbox information in the Mailbox Database (Part 2)
- Process Tracking Log tool for Exchange Server 2007
- What's new in Entourage 2008?
- White Paper: Configuring Virtual Organizations and Address List Segregation in Exchange 2007
- Class library to help setting Out of Office (Oof) via Exchange Web Services with Powershell and .NET
- HOW TO: List mailboxes with Full Mailbox Access permission assigned
- Interview with Greg Taylor about Exchange 2007
- Looking up Free/Busy information in a mixed org (E2K3/E2k7) will return a 4004 error.
- Microsoft Transporter suite for Internet mailboxes: configuring Exchange Impersonate permission in Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook With Business Contact Manager Helps Small-Business Owners Effectively Manage Their Business and Customer Relationships
- Using RSS Feeds in Outlook 2007
- Exchange Server 2007 In Depth (Part 6 of 8) Questions and Answers
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 12:32
4 de fevereiro de 2008
TechNet Webcast: Exchange Server 2007 in Depth (Part 7 of 8): Key Scenarios, Examples, Demos, and How-to's (Level 300)
Friday, February 01, 2008 - 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Pacific Time
John Weston, TechNet Presenter, Microsoft Corporation
TechNet Webcast: Exchange Server In Depth (Part 8 of 8): Master Concepts and Optimize Your Server Environment (Level 300)
Monday, February 04, 2008 - 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Pacific Time
Chris Avis, TechNet Presenter, Microsoft Corporation
Momentum Webcast: Simplifying Collaboration and Communication Using Microsoft Office, Exchange Server, and Communications Server (Level 100)
Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Pacific Time
Jennifer Kim, Senior Product Manager, Microsoft Corporation
Rachel Clay, Information Worker Solutions Specialist, Microsoft Corporation
Fonte: Eileen Brown's WebLog
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 09:08
2 de fevereiro de 2008
- Restore Exchange Server data with recovery storage groups
- Adding delegates in Exchange Web Services (Exchange Server 2007 SP1)
- Upgrading address lists created in Exchange Server 2007
- Accessing Microsoft Exchange with a Yahoo! Widget...
- Microsoft Partners: UC Licensing Too Complex
- Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007, 2007 SP1 Mobile Policies Matrix
- Communicator and Exchange – Special considerations for deploying Communicator in an Exchange environment
- Powershell Array Comparison
- Make the To-Do Bar work for you!
- Can I open another user's mailbox in OWA 2007?
- Matching DLLs with a .NET executable
- Exchange Server 2007: Renewing the self-signed certificate
- PFDAVADMIN, Exchange 2007, and the v1.1 .NET Framework
- Creating Custom Exchange 2007 Management Consoles
- Exchange 2007 Availability Services
- Exchange White Space Script 1221
- Exchange 2003 - Spam Attack Internal & External - Part 3 (SPAM)…
- Quick Tip - How to change the Reports Directory in the Best Practices Analyser Tool (BPA)…
- Quick Tip - How to suppress Link State Information on an Exchange Server…
- Quick Tip - Remote Registry Problem Installing Exchange 2007 (32bit) SP1 Management Tool on XP…
- Google Fixes Gmail IMAP Problem on Windows Mobile
- Steps to manually recreate the sync relationship on mobile devices synchronizing with Microsoft Exchange Server
- Default settings for Exchange-related virtual directories in Exchange Server 2007
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 10:01