- Microsoft Exchange Hosted Services: What are the real benefits?
- Exchanging Your Old Outlook for the New
- Exchange Server and Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- SharePoint & Outlook – The Perfect Link
- How to get debug diagnostic information from Powershell commands
- Being blocked by Hotmail
- OWA and reminders
- Publish your Outlook calendar onto the Internet
- Testing your new Exchange 2007 Send connector
- Gmail flaw allows forwarding messages to attacker's mailbox
- UM Language Packs
- Exchange 2007 Service Pack 1: Managing a CCR Cluster using the Exchange Management Console
- Managing Resource Mailboxes in Exchange Server 2007 (Part 1)
- Enterprise Exchange Dedicated GC Design
- Accessing Exchange from your Mac
- Outlook 2007 can now use DNS SRV records to find the location of the Exchange Autodiscover Service
- Sample Script to Help with Lotus Notes to Exchange 2007 Migration
- Scripting Corner Volume 2 - Pipelining and the One Line command
29 de Setembro de 2007
26 de Setembro de 2007
O tema principal desta edição é a poupança de energia no Datacenter, contribuindo assim para a salvação do Planeta.
Bem a propósito, o Primeiro Ministro de Portugal, José Sócrates, anunciou no debate sobre Mudança Climática das Nações Unidas que a União Europeia decidiu unilateralmente cortar 20% na emissão de gases de efeito de estufa, ou 30% se outros países industrializados (leia-se Estados Unidos) assinarem o mesmo compromisso.
E aqui fica a lista dos meus artigos preferidos desta edição:
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 09:02
22 de Setembro de 2007
Aqui fica a lista de webcasts de Exchange & Unified Communications em Outubro (tirada do blog da Eileen Brown):
TechNet Webcast: Message Security, Active Protection, and Compliance with Exchange Server 2007 (Level 200)
Friday, October 05, 2007 - 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Chris Avis, IT Pro Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation
TechNet Webcast: Introduction to Windows PowerShell Scripting in Exchange Server 2007 (Level 200)
Friday, October 19, 2007 - 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific Time
John Weston, TechNet Presenter, Microsoft Corporation
TechNet Webcast: Exchange Server 2007 Client Access and Web Services (Level 200)
Friday, October 26, 2007 - 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Harold Wong, IT Pro Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation
Momentum Webcast: Early Preview of Exchange Server 2007 SP1 (Level 100)
Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Pacific Time
Indika Boteju, Mid-Market Solutions Advisor, Microsoft Corporation
Momentum Webcast: A Sneak Peek at Unified Communications with Software-Powered VoIP and Unified Messaging (Level 100)
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Pacific Time
Bob Clancy, Mid-Market Solutions Advisor, Microsoft Corporation
Momentum Webcast: Amplify the Productivity of Your Business: Optimize Your Unified Infrastructure (Level 100)
Monday, October 29, 2007 - 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Pacific Time
Indika Boteju, Mid-Market Solutions Advisor, Microsoft Corporation
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 13:07
21 de Setembro de 2007
- Yahoo To Buy Zimbra for $350M
- Not So Unified Communications
- Mozilla tries Firefox recipe with Thunderbird
- OWA for Exchange 2007 in IE vs. OWA Light in everything else
- OpsMgr by Example: The Exchange 2007 Management Pack
- How to use SMTP queues to troubleshoot mail flow
- Make Reading Your E-Mail Easier in Outlook: Minimize the To-Do Bar and the Navigation Pane
- Using Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Dial tone recovery feature - Part II
- RPC over HTTP through ISA Server 2006
- Standby Continuous Replication (SCR) Part 2
- How big is too BIG!
- Email and Attachment Archiving with a Transport Agent on Exchange 2007
- Cmdlets and Commands used in SCR Blogcast
- Implementing Outlook Voice Access with Exchange Server 2007 (Part 1)
- Migrating from Domino to Exchange 2007 (Part 3)
- Upgrading from Windows 2000 AD to 2003 when Exchange 2003 is installed on the Domain Controller - Part 1…
- Upgrading from Windows 2000 AD to 2003 when Exchange 2003 is installed on the Domain Controller - Part 2…
- Installing and running Windows Mobile 5+MSFP and Windows Mobile 6 standalone emulators
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 19:48
20 de Setembro de 2007
Está disponível uma nova actualização para o filtro Junk E-mail do Outlook 2003/2007.
O download está disponível para as versões Outlook 2003 e Outlook 2007, ou através do Microsoft Update. Como é habitual, está acompanhado pelo respectivo artigo da Knowledge Base:
"This update provides the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook with a more current definition of which e-mail messages should be considered junk e-mail."
- Description of the Update for Outlook 2007 Junk E-mail Filter (KB937833)
- Description of the Update for Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter (KB936677)
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 22:14
19 de Setembro de 2007
Da autoria do também MVP Jim Mcbee, The Shortcut Guide to Exchange Server 2007 Storage Systems, cobre o desenho, planeamento e dimensionamento de storage para o Exchange Server, os conceitos básicos de utilização de SANs iSCSI e as melhores práticas de operação das SANs em geral.
O eBook completo encontra-se disponível para download no formato PDF, publicado pela editora virtual RealTime Publishers. Aqui ficam os títulos de alguns capítulos:
- Choosing an Exchange Server storage platform
- Sizing the Exchange storage platform appropriately
- Implementing an iSCSI storage system
- Basic practices for implementing iSCSI storage
E já que estamos a falar de dimensionamento de storage a equipa do Microsoft Exchange disponibilizou recentemente a versão 11.2 da Exchange 2007 Mailbox Server Role Storage Requirements Calculator spreadsheet. A lista das actualizações pode ser consultada no post Updates to the Mailbox Server Role Storage Requirements Calculator.
A folha de cálculo encontra-se no formato Excel 2007. Infelizmente, para pessoas como eu que ainda tenham o Office 2003, o Office 2007 Compatibility Pack não vai funcionar desta vez:
A Microsoft está a trabalhar para resolver o problema.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 12:44
18 de Setembro de 2007
A Microsoft disponibilizou uma versão actualizada do ficheiro de help do Exchange Server 2007, por forma a contemplar as alterações introduzidas com o lançamento do Service Pack 1.Quick Details
File Name: exchhelp.exe
Date Published: 9/17/2007
Download Size: 19.2 MB
The Exchange Server 2007 SP1 Help can help you in the day-to-day administration of Exchange. Use this information to guide you through Exchange Server 2007 SP1 features, tasks, and administration procedures.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 08:38
17 de Setembro de 2007
Enquanto andava a navegar no site Pro-Exchange, houve um post sobre mensagens Out of Office que me prendeu a atenção. A lista destas mensagens bastante creativas pode ser encontrada no Blog do Curious George:
- I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position. I may be a little moody so be prepared.
- You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn't have received anything at all.
- Sorry to have missed you, but I am at the doctor's having my brain removed so I can be promoted to our management team.
- I will be unable to delete all the unread, worthless emails you send me until I return from vacation on 4/8. Please be patient, and your mail will be deleted in the order it was received.
- Thank you for your email. Your credit card has been charged £5.99 for the first 10 words and £1.99 for each additional word in your message.
- The e-mail server is unable to verify your server connection and is unable to deliver this message. Please restart your computer and try sending again.
(The beauty of this is that when you return, you can see how many in-duh-viduals did this over and over.)
- Thank you for your message, which has been added to a queuing system. You are currently in 352nd place, and can expect to receive a reply in approximately 19 weeks.
- Hi, I'm thinking about what you've just sent me. Please wait by your PC for my response.
- I've run away to join a different circus.
- I will be out of the office for the next 2 weeks for medical reasons. When I return, please refer to me as " Sharon " instead of "Steve".
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 13:12
14 de Setembro de 2007
- Configuring IMAP over SSL on SBS 2003 Premium with ISA 2004
- Thoughts on Virtualising Exchange
- How it works: Exchange Hosted Filtering
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Administration Guide
- Managing Microsoft Outlook and Exchange calendars
- Looking back at Microsoft Outlook Easter Eggs
- eWeek: Exchange Equals Profits
- Time to Check Your Calendars Again
- And you thought you knew what "MAPI" stands for...
- More fun with Logparser and Exchange logs
- How Exchange Server 2007 CAS Proxying works for Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- How does Exchange UM find the caller's name?
- Finding ProxyAddresses with ADFIND
- Need full access for all users’ mailboxes in Your SMTP mail organization
- Load Balancing Exchange 2007 Client Access Servers using Windows Network Load-Balancing Technology Part 3: Creating Certificates and Testing Client Services
- Accessing Exchange 2007 from your Apple Macintosh (Part 1)
- Verifying Exchange 2007 sp1 Schema Extensions
- Blackberry outage (again!)
- Exchange Server 2007: Setting Message Size Limits
- Exchange Server 2007: How to get a list of Exchange ActiveSync users
- Using PowerShell + WMI to manage legacy Exchange
- Read Hotmail from Outlook
- Anti-Spam Law Challenged
- Make Outlook more colorful with Automatic Formatting
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 20:12
Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications, 2007 é um estudo da Gartner que analisa os vários fabricantes nesta área e os organiza em quadrantes, de acordo com 2 vectores: visão e capacidade de execução. Mais uma vez a Microsoft é colocada no quadrante dos líderes.
- Microsoft is a strong company with an ecosystem of partners that can deliver value-added products, professional services and wide distribution.
- The company has strategic partnerships in specific areas, such as live voice, and IP and PBX add credibility in these technology and service areas.
- Parts of Microsoft's UC portfolio are very mature (for instance, e-mail), and the overall portfolio is quite complete, with partnerships in weaker areas. The newer parts of the portfolio likely will get wide exposure throughout 2008 and will mature rapidly as a result.
- An established base of desktop applications and experience in graphical user interface design will assist in making complex communication applications easier to use.
- Enterprises looking into UC, particularly those with Microsoft applications already in place, should understand the Microsoft portfolio because it represents a new paradigm for communication by a market leader. Microsoft’s solution is comprehensive but is also the basis for a range of partner offerings.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 12:17
13 de Setembro de 2007
Enquanto o Windows Live Mail não passa à versão RTM e consequentemente substitui o programa de correio electrónico que acompanha o Windows Vista, a Microsoft vai continuando a disponibilizar as actualizações do filtro Junk E-mail deste último, o Windows Mail:
- Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [September 2007]
- Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter for x64-based Systems [September 2007]
Install this update for Windows Mail to revise the definition files used to detect e-mail messages that should be considered junk e-mail or that may contain phishing content.
Esta actualização encontra-se descrita no seguinte artigo da Knowledge Base: Description of the definition updates for Windows Mail.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 08:44
12 de Setembro de 2007
A Microsoft disponibilizou mais algumas actualizações de documentação técnica do Exchange 2007, por forma a incorporar as alterações introduzidas pelo SP1. Esperem por mais durante as próximas semanas:
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 16:36
11 de Setembro de 2007
Acabei de ler no blog do Scott Schnoll que a documentação online no site do TechNet foi actualizada para reflectir as últimas alterações devidas ao lançamento do Service Pack 1 do Exchange 2007:
We've refreshed our online documentation for Exchange 2007, and it includes content on Service Pack 1! This content is newer and fresher than the ExchHelp.CHM (Help file) that ships with Beta 2, and it includes content not found in that CHM file.
You can find online documentation for Exchange 2007 SP1 at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124558.aspx.
This content includes information about:
- What's New in SP1
- Standby Continuous Replication
- Upgrading Clustered Mailbox Servers to SP1
- Monitoring Continuous Replication
- New High Availability Features in SP1
- How to Install Exchange 2007 SP1 Prerequisites on Windows Server 2008
- Installing Cluster Continuous Replication on Windows Server 2008
- Installing Single Copy Clusters on Windows Server 2008
- New Client Access Features in Exchange 2007 SP1
- New Transport Features in Exchange 2007 SP1
- New Mailbox Features in Exchange 2007 SP1
- New Unified Messaging Features in Exchange 2007 SP1
- IPv6 Support in Exchange 2007 SP1
And much, much more! Enjoy!
And congratulations to the Exchange User Education team for a job well done!!
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 12:34
7 de Setembro de 2007
- IdM vendors not supporting Exchange 2007?!
- Gartner: Expect an enterprise iPhone
- Technical Overview of Forefront Client Security Questions and Answers (08-27-08)
- Updating Exchange Server 2007 Exchange Web Service Clients to SP1
- Entourage 2008: OOFs coming to the Mac
- Adding an X-header in an Exchange Routing Transport Agent in Exchange 2007
- Migrating from Domino to Exchange 2007 (Part 2)
- Deploying an Exchange Resource Forest (Part 3)
- Test Lab: Virtualisation of Exchange 2007 CCR Clustering using VMWARE - Part 4
- Exchange 2003 installed on a domain controller - services fail to start…
- Populating Test Labs with User Accounts…
- Overview of Exchange Server 2007 CAS Proxying and Redirection
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 17:09
5 de Setembro de 2007
TechNet Webcast: Exchange Server 2007 Deployment and Migration (Level 200)
Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM Pacific Time
Bryan Von Axelson, IT Pro Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation
TechNet Webcast: Technical Overview of Forefront Security for Exchange Server (Level 200)
Friday, September 14, 2007 - 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Matthew Hester, IT Pro Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation
TechNet Webcast: Giving the Administrator More Control with Exchange Server 2007 (Level 200)
Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Chris Avis, IT Pro Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation
Small Business Webcast: Outlook Just Got Smaller with Outlook Mobile (Level 200)
Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Carl Preston, Small Business Solutions Advisor, Microsoft Corporation
Fonte: Eileen Brown's WebLog
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 17:14
2 de Setembro de 2007
A Microsoft disponibilizou recentemente alguns downloads do software antivírus Antigen e Forefront:
- Microsoft Antigen for Exchange with Service Pack 1 Beta Software (v9.1.1086.0) - Antigen for Exchange helps businesses protect their Exchange 2003 and 2000 servers against the latest viruses, worms, and inappropriate content.
- Microsoft Antigen Spam Manager with Service Pack 1 Beta Software (v9.1.1086.0) - Microsoft Antigen Spam Manager can be deployed on an SMTP gateway or Exchange server, and uses multiple techniques to help stop spam before it can impact user productivity. Antigen Spam Manager provides a frequently updated, signature-based anti-spam engine, several layers of content and mail-host filtering, and integration with the Exchange 2003 Intelligent Message Filter (IMF).
- Microsoft Antigen for Exchange with Antigen Spam Manager with Service Pack 1 Beta Software (v9.1.1086.0) - The Messaging Security Suite includes Antigen for Exchange, Antigen for SMTP Gateways, and Antigen Spam Manager, and provides server-level protection against the latest e-mail threats.
- Microsoft Antigen for SMTP Gateways with Antigen Spam Manager with Service Pack 1 Beta Software (v9.1.1086.0) - The Messaging Security Suite includes Antigen for Exchange, Antigen for SMTP Gateways, and Antigen Spam Manager, and provides server-level protection against the latest e-mail threats.
- Microsoft Antigen for SMTP Gateways with Service Pack 1 Beta Software (v9.1.1086.0) - Microsoft Antigen for SMTP Gateways helps protect e-mail infrastructure against infection and downtime at the network perimeter, stopping the latest e-mail threats before they ever reach users.
- Microsoft Forefront Server Security Management Console Release Candidate - Forefront Server Security Management Console allows administrators to easily manage Forefront Security for Exchange Server, Forefront Security for SharePoint, and Microsoft Antigen.
- Microsoft Forefront Server Security Management Console Release Candidate User Guide - Forefront Server Security Management Console allows administrators to easily manage Forefront Security for Exchange Server, Forefront Security for SharePoint, and Microsoft Antigen.
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 12:31
- The 1-2-3's on EBCs
- Years in the Making, Powerful Yahoo Mail Is Worth the Wait
- Exchange Server Has Viruses - Claims Microsoft
- InfoWorld: E-mail's future, pumped look
- Setting Permissions for Migration into Exchange 2007
- Please DO NOT install Beta versions of Exchange 2007 SP1 into your production environment!!
- Lot of new stuff for Exchange ActiveSync and Exchange Mobility
- Test Lab: Virtualisation of Exchange 2007 CCR Cluster using VMWARE - Part 1
- Test Lab: Virtualisation of Exchange 2007 CCR Cluster using VMWARE - Part 2
- Test Lab: Virtualisation of Exchange 2007 CCR Clustering using VMWARE - Part 3
- No Free/Busy information could be retrieved
- Export the IP Relay List on SMTP Virtual server
- Configuring Outlook 2007 with Exchange Server 2007
- Uncovering the Exchange ActiveSync Enhancements in Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
- Certificates with Multiple SAN Entries May Break ISA Server Web Publishing
- Distribution Groups and maximum recipients per message
- Standby Continuous Replication (SCR)
- Enabling Unified Messaging mailboxes
- Exchange 2007 Advanced Move Mailbox Powershell commands
Publicado por Rui J.M. Silva @ 11:15